Database: mySQL and Graphics issue

I am creating a database using mySQL and PHP. The database is about solar system having entities star, planets, asteroids, comets with their respective attributes (size, mass, Position, etc). My end goal of the project is to create a graphic user interface which will be just like the solar system with sun in the middle and planets revolving around it. The end product will be in where a user clicks on the sun and it displays the attributes of the sun. Or user clicks on the planet and displays the attributes of it.

Currently, I have no idea on how to do the graphics part. What is the best and the easiest way to solve this issue? What programming language can I use to build the graphics part and link it to the database? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Hi Rush so far as i know graphics in java will be best to opt for graphical frontend for your application. Rest is just up to you.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    this thing can be easily implemented using adobe photoshop and html
    but this way of doing is also interesting
  • headRush
    headRush
    @leo
    I have indeed created a Java file which lets me revolve a planet around sun. But the problem is I have no idea how to connect it to the database.

@goyal420
    Do you have any helpful links from where I can learn and implement something like this?
    Thanks!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    You can use JDBC to connect to a database from Java. It's very easy..

You can google JDBC and lots of tutorials are there to get you started..

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • headRush
    headRush
    silverscorpion
    You can use JDBC to connect to a database from Java. It's very easy..

You can google JDBC and lots of tutorials are there to get you started..

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Ok This looks quite interesting.
    Thanks

I am currently reading up on HTML5 and JQuery. I have no idea about them either. 😔
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Look first create a simple image or animation of planets revolving around sun or whatever you want to show in your image

then have a look at this link
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    and try tag of html

This is one of the most basic way ,there are other ways too
  • Leo
    Leo
    Hi Rush connecting database is really very easy, you must not ask for such kind of help in programming. Its better to try before than directly asking for help.
  • headRush
    headRush
    Leo
    Hi Rush connecting database is really very easy, you must not ask for such kind of help in programming. Its better to try before than directly asking for help.
    Like I said before, I created a Java graphics file with Sun and planet revolvoing and I don't know how to connect those elements to the tables in my database. I already know how to create/edit/update attributes from a website. I'm asking something else.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    can i see your code?
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    headRush
    @leo
    I have indeed created a Java file which lets me revolve a planet around sun. But the problem is I have no idea how to connect it to the database.
    Hello Rush. Can u please let me know how do you created such graphics using java.?? Did you use only j2ee concepts or something additional to it..??
  • themask
    themask
    With HTML5, JQuery it self you can get the interactivity. You can use the canvas for this.
    Also you can use PHP,MySQL to store the data and retrieve it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir,i m a student in electrical engg (2nd year) plz suggest some suitable & up to date projects in electrical engg so dat i can familiarize with project work regarding...
Yahoo the Titanic is showing no signs of recovery. The comapny that's already hit big icebergs many times is now trying to receover by letting go its most important asset:...
Google have added a new feature in its search engine called Google.Com Search Result Preview. This features was already present in Bing.Com and this is really Cool feature where you...
I have recently purchased, in Thailand, a new "Wellcom"W3118 Smartphone. I want to download several games etc but i do not know how to determine what operating system my phone...
Is there anyone here who have some idea of where we can host voice applications?