Dada Retires: End of the Bengal Tiger's era in cricket

I know this is not related to engineering, but I couldn't help but post it on the forum. Sourav 'Dada' Ganguly has decided to retire. Its actually a bit of an emotional moment for me. Despite all the antics and the criticism, Dada has always been my favorite cricketer. I still believe no one can play so well square of the wicket. No one can hit sixes like he does.

I remember reading a full page article in Economic times which hailed Ganguly as the CEO No. 1, for the way he managed the Indian team. After more than a decade of entertainment both on and off the field, the SRK of cricket is going to make way for younger talent.

On behalf of all the dada fans on CE, I wish him good luck for his future.
#-Link-Snipped-#

PS: For all those who don't know Sourav Ganguly, he is a former captain of Indian cricket team, a left handed batsman and a right hand medium pace bowler.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm. Although I don't follow Cricket (strange, huh?) I admired Mr. Ganguly because he's a great cricketer.

[On personal front: I admire him because he's a left-hander]
  • Differential
    Differential
    [On personal front: I admire him because he's a left-hander]
    Now he bats with left hand and bowls with right hand ! Don't no which hand he writes with !

Well Sachin Tendulkar who has been my all time favourite writes with left hand though he bats and bowls with right one !
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    Mayur Sir!
    You are very right in saying that no one hits sixes like he does..Just love the way he dances down the track and smacks spinners out of the ground !!
    writing this i remember the world Cup match against Sri LANka..when he made his personal highest!!
    TOO GOOD
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ankur8819
    Mayur Sir!
    You are very right in saying that no one hits sixes like he does
    Yes and that is why I admire him.

PS: Please don't call me Sir. I'm yet to be knighted by her highness.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    I'm yet to be knighted by her highness.
    Pay me the royalties for using *my* lines, sir.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Pay me the royalties for using *my* lines, sir.
    Excuse me? Your lines? Now since when did people start calling you Sir? 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ha!

Don't ask.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Dadda Retires thats very bad news...

Dadda is really a King of Sixers let me share one great test match of Dadda.

Don't know date but match was between INDIA and SA.
    there was bowler BOJE...
    dada Played First 3 Balls... but after that 3 sixes.
    right after next over of same bowler Same 3 played and 3 sixes... SA Captain was Cronje.

Immediately he Remove Boje and Change bowler from Spinner to Faster and Boje was back to attacked after Ganguly's Wicket.

There was something similar situation with Vettori also
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well he had a great career!!but i think the time was right as everyone was gunning for him and IPL had given him new lease of life...
  • Differential
    Differential
    Same as his career, his retirement has started many controversies.
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    There is no hesitation to admit that he is the most successful captains in Indian Cricket history.... He shown a new face of Indian Cricket team to rest of world when he initially challenged the supremacy of Australians over cricket.... 😁

It was the perfect farewell to Ganguly as India beat Australia, giving rise to one of the biggest cricket rivalries in the modern era. 😎

An excellent batsman with a glorious Comeback,with an impressive Test record, outstanding ODI stats and most success as the Indian captain which includes victories in Australia, West Indies, South Africa, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.

Being his fan....i really feel sad..... 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to pose the question to all wannabe entrepreneurs and also to all entrepreneurs! "Why become an entrepreneur?" ... Because being an entrepreneur is cool? Because your day-job sucks?...
Okay, for the uninitiated, "Deep Blue" is the name of the computer that was built to beat the human in the brainy game of 'Chess'! I've always been thinking, how...
please I want to understand how the orrifice flow calculation used to mesure the flow of natural gas and what is the equation used and parameters for omni flow computer
hi ces today i joined the community. thanks sanjay😁
I was thinking of doing Ankit Fadia's Ethical Hacking Course..Wanted to know how is it?? Will it be beneficial ?? and is there any Further scope in this field if...