Current Acquisition from a High voltage sensor

Hello All,
I am currently working on a project where I would need to measure the current from a Channel Electron Multiplier(CEM) anode. The anode is at a high voltage (+3000V) and the current output is of the order of microamps. The frequency of operation of the CEM is in order of tens of KHz.

I propose to isolate the anode from the amplifier system using a high voltage capacitor and then have a transimpedence amplifier. Could anyone suggest what class of OpAMps should I be using for this purpose. Also is there any other technique to implement this functionality.

Regards
Avinash Srinivasan

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# if he's around.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm sure you might have heard about CoffeeScript. As the official description of coffeescript goes, it's a tiny language that compiles into Javascript. This new language aims to expose and...
The Dropbox engineering team used this nice online JavaScript to CoffeeScript (and vice-versa) converter tool to rewrite entire their browser side codebase from JS to CS. Take a look at...
hi everyone,... Im thinking to do a project for engg final year on "Usage of waste heat from automobile Exhaust". Can anyone please tell me how i can give a...
TCS recruits hundreds of engineering graduates through their placements portal TCS Next Step ( nextstep.tcs.com ). It's a gateway for the fresh computer science, IT and other engineers into the...
Just stumbled upon the WSJ article on New York City Board Of Health banning the sugary drinks and Soda. I immediately recalled our LONG debate on Alcoholism at the same...