CrazyEngineers IO Web Apps - A Bit In More Detail

By the end of 2010; after running CrazyEngineers for ~5 years, it was clear to us that we need to grow beyond discussions. We imagined future of CrazyEngineers as a place that will make every engineer awesome - and we decided to do it with the power of our community.

A Very Obvious Decision

It was a very natural and obvious decision for us to start developing software products and services in the form of web applications (web apps). The key is that these web applications are all interconnected!

Example: Our resume builder application (app) will let you create professional and job-winning resume free of cost. We're also launching a service that will help you get your resume reviewed from people in our community who conduct interviews for their own companies. So you can expect to get insights and comments from the 'right' people.

...and then you can use this resume to apply for jobs in our Jobs App! No more uploading of resumes and keeping track. This helps recruiters super fast at selecting right candidates as well. More on this, later ๐Ÿ˜€

...and then, you will be able to get access to plenty of tutorials, seminars, webinars specially organized for you. Several of these will be free and few paid ones; but they'll be totally worth it. You can have our word on it.

...and so on. There's absolutely no limit. We'll develop apps to cater to your specific needs.

There will be fun apps too!

Our 'to-do' board is already full of super cool apps that will make you have great time while having light competition with fellow engineers.

Mobile Apps?

Everything we do on IO is designed to work on mobile as well - with app-like experience. We'll sure have a small app that doesn't require you to update it frequently but sends notifications right when it matters the most. For example - if the recruiter has short-listed you OR say there's a webinar due in the next 20 minutes.

Awesome, right?

What do you think? We are eager to know.

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    This sounds awesome! ๐Ÿ˜

I especially like the part about the resumes. God knows I've seen my share of shoddy resumes. ๐Ÿ˜ก
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We're also launching a service that will help you get your resume reviewed from people in our community who conduct interviews
    This is the part that I am the most excited about. We have tons of resume review requests on CE and through personal emails & messages.

A dedicated service where we can help you present your CV information in a clear, concise, clutter-free manner where all your high points stand out before the employer is definitely something you are going to love. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mobile Apps?

Everything we do on IO is designed to work on mobile as well - with app-like experience. We'll sure have a small app that doesn't require you to update it frequently but sends notifications right when it matters the most. For example - if the recruiter has short-listed you OR say there's a webinar due in the next 20 minutes.
    Means there would be dedication application for each and we have to download all app or at once place we are going to have it?
  • lal
    lal
    That is great. There are a lot more possibilities than career guidance, resume building and managing to do list and those should be concentrated much too.

An engineer is constantly in search of international and national standards, common practises, design tools like dedicated calculators and solvers and what not. CE apps can be an ideal place to host all those valuable time saving resources and have huge traffic.

A few examples could be,
    UPS backup and battery calculator (I find a lot of crowd for this even in our thread)
    Transformer, DG set designer/selector
    Stabilizer, Isolating transformer selector
    Gear designer
    Screw tightening torque calculator
    Antenna designer
    Solar panel calculator
    Common microcontroller subroutines
    Possibilities are infinite!

I do have a feeling though that information at one click would turn us all more dumb!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    Means there would be dedication application for each and we have to download all app or at once place we are going to have it?
    No, there is no need to download or update anything. You will always have access to up to date service.

Right now - all the apps will be accessible through browser. The only thing that we need to work on is to allow 'push' notifications. We're already working on it.

Think of IO as 'Google Play Store', but without having to download anything. Even if there's a mobile app in the future, it will be the only app one will have to download.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whenever a new application is built, the first question which prompts up is about web accessibility. Since each and almost every application feature of CrazyEngineers.io will be specifically for engineering...
Sir /madam plz give more details about how placement are done And name some good companies for civil engineers. It is qualified for all civil engg if not so give...
Hi crazy engineers ๐Ÿ˜€ I have a bit of a problem here and I hope that my question is not out of place. I want to construct a Lepelletier automatic...
Myself Prashanth.I just started my btec this year in mechanical branch.I am just interested in machines and their working.Actually I do no the opportunities in mechanical branch.So can you please...
Hi I am Sheju i studing mechanical 2nd year I need some topic and ideas for mini project any body willing to help me