CrazyEngineers Front Page Redesigned

CEans,

We've just released the new, redesigned front page of CrazyEngineers. The new redesign has been kept simple and focuses more on latest engineering news. Our authors have been contributing awesome stuff relevant to engineers and we'll now feature all posts on front page. The Small Talk are exclusive and currently released at a frequency of one per month.

We've cut down on JavaScript so that pages load faster. The design in currently in beta and we'll make changes over the next few days.

We look forward to your interaction on VoiCE ๐Ÿ˜€ . Your comments are welcome in this thread.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Page looks Cool. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Nice one!!! Make the Topics as Tag Clouds... It looks similar to it... I guess it should be Tag Clouds instead of Topics. What say? And the bottom bar is awesome!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    great looking, i really liked it! It would be great if we can utilize the space below archive section in middle column
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, that space will have our partner/advertisers listing.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Very nice look ๐Ÿ˜€

I have a question is the bottom frame properly aligned? (testing instinct!)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Which browser are you using? Look okay in all modern browsers. I'll work on it after some time. Too exhausted at the moment.
    Biggie!!! Sorry, but had to say, coz I care... This is taken in IE6/WindowsXPSP3! ๐Ÿ˜”

[โ€‹IMG]
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I think Biggie has asked not to use IE6 for browsing CE some time ago.. Probably, it's not supported..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    IE6 is not supported anymore. If you are accessing it from office, take a look here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yeah I know... Leave me... Think about those 1000s who sit in office and use with the crappy IE6!!! ๐Ÿ˜” Just a thought! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ask them to install Chrome Frame.
    You know what? Corporate policies doesn't allow these... Even installing Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome in my system took me over a week's time... And all the systems are given with the users with limited permissions, which doesn't allow these! ๐Ÿ˜” Seriously pathetic...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dude! Read the article which I pointed. Chrome Frame is an easy way to run "Chrome" INSIDE IE6, without needing Admin Rights. Especially aimed at corporate software engineers who can't install Chrome/ FF.
    The_Big_K
    Dude! Read the article which I pointed. Chrome Frame is an easy way to run "Chrome" INSIDE IE6, without needing Admin Rights. Especially aimed at corporate software engineers who can't install Chrome/ FF.
    Just tried... Execution of EXE Blocked in my system! Same case, I said right? ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hold on for some time till they 'release' the updated version. ๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    See this #-Link-Snipped-#

How about the feature in which we can scroll left and right? We can use it in case of small talk.

What's your take on it?
    The_Big_K
    Hold on for some time till they 'release' the updated version. ๐Ÿ˜
    Who will release what??? This is what I asked you in your VM! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am using IE 8 in Win Xp that created the problem

When I see from Mozilla now, its looking good.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm aware of the problems with the front page in older versions of IE. Let's hope that the problems get fixed very soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been hearing and reading about the Android Battery Life Problem for quite some time now. I earlier through battery life for most modern Android devices was influenced largely by...
This video lecture series on Water and Wastewater Engineering by Prof C.Venkobachar, Prof. Ligy Philip and Prof. B. S. Murty Department of Civil Engineering IIT Madras.
This is a project that has been started on CE - Labs https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/ce-labs/34032-small-project-local-movie-catalog-using-imdb-2.html. I am posting here so new members can see it and can take part in it. Everything...
This video lecture series on Environmental Air Pollution by Prof. Mukesh Sharma Department of Civil Engineering IIT Kanpur. [video=youtube;4AuwG2G_ERU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AuwG2G_ERU[/video]
Five things you should not tell your bossโ€‹ Full disclosure and transparency are undoubtedly necessary for career success. But in the modern complex corporate scenario, it doesn't mean that your...