CPU fetch cycle

Can someone tell me if i understand the CPU fetch and execute cycle correctly? based on the following line of code...
LDAA $100
Its motorolla assembly, means load into registerA the value located at memory location 100h

The following is how i believe the fetch/ecute cycles work,can someone tell me if im correct..(*BTW its an 8bit databus and 16 bit adress bus).

1)the isntruction is loaded into the data bus and into the cpu...
2)then the operand is loaded into the data bus and into the cpu...
--This takes two cycles since the operand is 2bytes
3)Since the cpu actually needs the value at the memory location 100,it puts 100 back into adress bus
4)memory places value from adrress 100 into data bus
5)cpu executes since it has instruction and operand now.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

algorithm to find url of a sender Write an algorithm to find the URL of the sender of a mail. The algorithm must be workable With gmail mail server. Pseudo...
at the time of writing a dvd due to some error the dvd ejects out from the optical drive. after that when i reinsert that dvd it asks to insert...
Hello CEans! Name: Abhinav...(ABHI) *Engineering Trade: Electronics and telecommunication final year Location: pune *Occupation: student *Hobbies & Interests: playing badminton,TT,animation,reading books,robotics *Aim in life: least not done yet *I joined...
i have been assigned a task to make a dongle using ARM7....but i dont know what the hell is to be done... i m given the task of writing bluetooth...
Hello everyone. I need to design a blower for cool the heat sink modules of inverters. So i need to get flow output of 2900 m3/hr. for i would like...