Course in finite elements

Hi every body!

I am a mechanical engineer. I have just finished my degree and I would like to improve my knowledge as an engineer.

I am from Spain and I do not know where I can find a course in finite elements that I would like to take. I want to known how to use the programs Nastran/Patran in aeronautical structures. I am looking for a course (3 or 4 months) or a master that teach you this knowledge.

I really want to take a course or a master in America, better in California. It would be a pleasure for me to know how the American engineers work. Could you give some piece of advice? Do you know where I can find someone? Or do you know where this course is?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you very much for your attention.

Best Regards,
Fernando

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEan Gohm is a mechanical engineer from America. Gohm, do you have any tips for Fernando? 😀
  • nandofer
    nandofer
    Thank you very much, The Big K, for trying to help me.
  • mech_guy
    mech_guy
    nandofer
    Hi every body!

I am a mechanical engineer. I have just finished my degree and I would like to improve my knowledge as an engineer.

I am from Spain and I do not know where I can find a course in finite elements that I would like to take. I want to known how to use the programs Nastran/Patran in aeronautical structures. I am looking for a course (3 or 4 months) or a master that teach you this knowledge.

I really want to take a course or a master in America, better in California. It would be a pleasure for me to know how the American engineers work. Could you give some piece of advice? Do you know where I can find someone? Or do you know where this course is?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you very much for your attention.

Best Regards,
    Fernando
    Hi Fernando,

FEM/FEA (Finite Element Method/Finite Element Analysis) is indeed a very interesting subject and quite an intriguing one same time. It is an intensive application of mathematics (numerical analysis) to Mechanical problems. I dont think you can learn it in 3-4 months time (it deserves more time). So, i had suggest for Masters in same and may be even a PhD. There are many softwares viz. NASTRAN/PATRAN, ANSYS, HYPERMESH etc to do Structural Analysis of a mechanical body (viz. Stresses, Strains, Harmonics, Vibrational variables etc.) and it takes time to learn them well and apply in Real time to Real problems.
    There are many Master courses offered by many Universities across globe on FEA, you just need to google a bit.

So, all the best for FEA man.

Regards

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I spotted a version of Einstein's puzzle posted as a vegetable-garden variety here. There are a few copies of this "famous" problem around, involving nationalities and tobacco products, animals etc....
Hello everyone, I hope I came to the right place for this type of question. Please assume that I am completely ignorant with regards to circuits/electronics (although if you can...
Forgetting your Windows administrator login password. With no way to get into the system, you can’t even perform basic maintenance, let alone a thorough tune-up. Formatting is always an option,...
hi i need some ideas on electronics fpr my open house exhibition...
Hi guys , Actually there was a discussion with my friend regarding the Real happy thing, we discussed for hours but never got any answer for the question? What is...