Convergent and divergent nozzles >>>3

please provide all the informations about nozzles and their types. l

Replies

• NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    A steam nozzle may be defined as a passage of varying cross-section,through which heat energy of steam is converted to kinetic energy.its major function is to produce steam jet with high velocity to drive steam turbines.
  • The myth buster
    The myth buster
    a nozzle is a device used to convert pressure energy into kinetic energy.Nozzles may not be converging in section always..the property of flow decides the design of the nozzle.for flows which have Mach no. value<=1,nozzle is of converging section.but the same nozzle acts as a supersonic diffuser for flows having mach number>1;similar is the case with the diffusers which are used to convert kinetic energy of the flow into pressure energy.Steady flow energy equation/analysis helps to determine the velocity at the nozzle exit.moreover back pressure plays an important role in the exit plane velocity.for a converging diverging nozzle,sonic velocity is obtained at the throat and for a converging nozzle,it appears at its exit plane.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey crazyengineers. A little about me. Right now i'm studying for my diploma in IT. but i also like doing programming .,,,, i luv to be here!............ ๐Ÿ˜
engineering entrance examination In India, admission to most of the professional courses is based on entrance exams. These entrance exams help colleges and universities decide the right candidates. Some of...
Engineering Entrance Examinations Preparation Engineering entrance examinations follow various test patterns which are decided by the authorities conducting the examination. IIT- JEE has recently announced a major change in its...
Engineering Entrance Examinations Preparation Books There are many good Engineering Entrance Examinations Preparation Books which have proved to very helpful. These books include the test pattern, a well designed study...
Take on a new style and amaze people with your new looks as Bomber Leather Jackets in UK are on high demand. Make sure you get it before somebody else...