confused with EMT

What is displacement current and conduction current and how they are produced ?
Does change in magnetic field produces current ?
what is the name of current produced by magnetic field ?
Does change in electric field produces current , if yes then what is its name ?

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Ofcourse the change in magnetic field can produce an electric current. Assume a conductor in a magnetic field. Now if you change this magnetic field there would be an emf induced in this conductor which is called induced emf. And you can find the direction of induced emf by Fleming's right hand rule. This emf would drive a current if you are shorting the both ends of conductor or connecting a load (as current passes only through a closed path😀) This principle is used in a generator.
    The induced emf depends on a lot of factors including how you place the conductor, that if it is parallel to the magnetic field, no emf willl be induced and for maximum induced emf the conductor should be perpendicular to the field.
  • govindvs
    govindvs
    the mode of propagation doesnt make sense hw it s genrated is signt
  • ashish.sharma30
    ashish.sharma30
    changing electric field in case of capacitor produces a current equal in magnitude to conduction current but named as Displacement current, that's what Maxwell corrected in Ampere's circuital Law.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are searching for topic related to mobile applications. Please suggest some related ideas. Ideas on cloud computing are also welcome.
• Hi CIVILPRINCESS, you are a Crazy Civil engineer, tell us more about yourself. Hiya CEans. my name is Niranjana. I’m doing my 3rd year civil engineering in India. I...
I an using Ubuntu 10.04 as my OS and i installed GNU C++ compiler wants to know that what is the command to compile C++ program on UNIX system? Is...
Hey this is raj some time I get confused regarding which site to visit for the sample papers for some particulars types of exams......like AAI(airport authrity of india ),RBI(reserve bank...
i m second year electrical student ,finding some project ideas ....help me please...