Confused between JAVA Or .Net Course

Hello , I'm presently in 1st year CSE, I would like to do some course in the coming holidays, but I'm confused between JAVA and .NET course. Could anyone here help me out here ? Could you please also tell me, what institute would be better ? Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Hello , I'm presently in 1st year CSE, I would like to do some course in the coming holidays, but I'm confused between JAVA and .NET course. Could anyone here help me out here ? Could you please also tell me, what institute would be better ? Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜

Please someone reply to me ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No one replied because you posted your question in the wrong thread ๐Ÿ˜€ . I've moved your posts to a new thread.

I think there's nothing to be confused about. You can opt for JAVA course this year and maybe .Net next year or vice-versa. Pick up JAVA if you are interested in developing apps for Android. It'll definitely help.
  • Clarence Gomez
    Clarence Gomez
    Can you help me??
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Clarence Gomez
    Can you help me??
    You should start a new thread in appropriate section and then ask the question with specific details. Posting for help here and there will not do any good
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Don't try learning just the syntax of TOO many languages - build deep expertise in one. e.g. C/C++ is good enough if you can do advanced programming in that.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sanyam Khurana

I'd propose Python. Python is independent, opensource, multiparadigm, multiplatform, multipurpose, etc. It will give you a good basis to learn other languages and have lots of uses.

I know the basics of both languages - Java and Dot Net. And, in my opinion, if you want to be a better developer you may choose Java. The programming language syntax is almost equal but you have of course different APIs. I assume here .NET using C# language. Java is larger and more OO oriented, whereas .NET is easier to learn.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I have knowledge of C++ and currently learning C in college, and in third year we will be taught about Java, so wouldn't it be beneficial to go for .NET, or PHP
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Am currently doing my design and fabrication project on Wobbler Engine. Can anyone tell me the main advantages and disadvantages of a wobbler engine? Also tell me where it is...
why steering mechanism is not employed in tracked vehicles and bulldozers?
"Droplet Networks" are the new synthetic material developed by Researchers at the Oxford University with the purpose of replacing damaged body tissues in future. The 3D printed tissue, even though...
what is the difference between Quality Assurance and Quality Control ??
Anybody have the ER model on bank management system???