conduit design for lighting

hi
this is my first post hope i get responses. i am graduate engineer trainee working in a power plant and i belong to electrical department.i am doing the plant lighting and the drawing which i get from company shows only the positions of fixtures and suggest site engineer to lay the conduit for lighting.if there are any experienced electrical engineer from this forum who have done lighting in a power plant please help me and suggest some ideas which you gained from your experience .advance thanks.if possible upload a drawing and explain me.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    surajeee
    if there are any experienced electrical engineer from this forum who have done lighting in a power plant please help me and suggest some ideas which you gained from your experience .advance thanks.if possible upload a drawing and explain me.
    Have you studied the applicable document of the electrical inspectorate of the concerned state? If it is a power plant its library must have all statutory requirements.
  • surajeee
    surajeee
    bioramani
    Have you studied the applicable document of the electrical inspectorate of the concerned state? If it is a power plant its library must have all statutory requirements.
    we have only general notes for lighting but nothing has been specified regarding conduit design.if u have done lighting in powerplant suggest me some idea on the above subject.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Some of these may help. I have no experience with this sort of work.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Efficient Electrical Systems Design Handbook - Albert Thumann, Harry Franz - Google Books

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After 4 years, I have again started my works on pencil shading...
I remember during my engineering days, exams would be the worst time of the year for me and most of my friends. We didn't have semesters back then and would...
hello sir.could you just help me to know that is there any device that reduces the room temperature automatically when we place that in room?if so please let me know.thank...
Worlds First working "Wind Powered Car" invented in Sri Lanka.​ ​​ This was built by a young Sri Lankan engineer Nilanga Senevirathne Epa. The sad story is he had never...
I am Rini from chennai. doing final year Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I am also a singer(carnatic). How can i utilize this site more effectively?