CrazyEngineers
  • I am a part of 'Engineers Without Borders' Team of my college and as the first project, we are conducting energy audit of our college.

From what the team discussed, we are counting the no. of tubelights, bulbs, fans, ACs, Computers, Coolers etc.. that the college uses.

I want to know if this is the correct procedure and what else should be done to conduct a good 'energy audit'.

PS: I have no experience whatsoever about this matter and any kind of input from CEans is welcome.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Anoop Mathew

MemberSep 21, 2011

AbraKaDabra
    I am a part of 'Engineers Without Borders' Team of my college and as the first project, we are conducting energy audit of our college.

From what the team discussed, we are counting the no. of tubelights, bulbs, fans, ACs, Computers, Coolers etc.. that the college uses.

I want to know if this is the correct procedure and what else should be done to conduct a good 'energy audit'.

PS: I have no experience whatsoever about this matter and any kind of input from CEans is welcome.
    Don't just count them, make sure they work 😛. And also make sure that (after the audit) you use good quality items which consume less energy.
    Also try to implement green energy usage on your campus, if you've the necessary resources i.e. sunlight, water or wind energy. In our college, we've constructed a Wind Energy harnessing device as part of a project from the EEE department. It saves about 60% of the power used in the electrical labs.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberSep 26, 2011

AbraKaDabra
    I am a part of 'Engineers Without Borders' Team of my college and as the first project, we are conducting energy audit of our college.

I am also on EWB. One should first get the consumption data. Then evaluate how much of that is necessary consumption and how much is wasted in leaving loads on without anything being done with them. Finally assess whether there is any optimizing possible even with essential loads.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorSep 26, 2011

@Bioramani: Thank you.

Whoa! Good to know that you are on EWB too. Which projects have you undertaken for it?
    Cancel
  • danl

MemberSep 27, 2011

Where are you located? I could recommend someone that you could contact in your area.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register