Concrete cube 7 day strength

Hi,
I require a concrete of 40MPa strength for an experiment. for the trial mix i tested cubes after 7 days and got an average strength of 32MPa with a sd of 1, I would like to know if according to IS codes this is adequate. If not what is the desirable strength.

Replies

• KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Saiwal
    Hi,
    I require a concrete of 40MPa strength for an experiment. for the trial mix i tested cubes after 7 days and got an average strength of 32MPa with a sd of 1, I would like to know if according to IS codes this is adequate. If not what is the desirable strength.
    There is no clause in recent IS456:2000 take about the formula on 7th day. But in SP24 - IS456-1978 CL 5.2.1 mentioned the formula.
    upload_2013-11-23_15-57-12

You can use this for your reference. In the recent publications they removed this formula.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is a 1000 years dream project to build Strait of Messina bridge for the people in Italy and sicily. This bridge will be a longest suspension bridge in the...
can you just say me whether the principles a re correct or not... GENERATOR: The generator principle is based on faradays laws of electromagnetic induction .when a current carrying conductor...
So, now that we have a blog, it's really important to secure the admin access of our website. I have read some articles and the official WordPress site, for tips...
Most people like me rely on instant coffee for their daily dose of caffeine but connoisseurs like their cup of java made from freshly ground beans. Since trips to your...
It’s official. Motorola Mobility is coming back to India with its new Moto G smartphone in the year 2014. Motorola had shut down its official website for the country at...