Component to be used while transmitting power at high speeds?

I am fix, so as to what can be used for transmitting power at 12000 rpm, whether to use V-belts or chains? which one would be more efficient for transmitting power at this rpm?

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Generally, for high speed and low torque applications belts are used and for high torque applications gears or chain drives are used. This was discussed in a previous thread. Go here to find more infortmation and reading material:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    jav
    I am fix, so as to what can be used for transmitting power at 12000 rpm, whether to use V-belts or chains? which one would be more efficient for transmitting power at this rpm?
    At 12000 RPM one can have a problem if the belt breaks. Gears may be a safer, though more expensive, option.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know what is web 2.0 exactly?I found digg,facebook etc comprised of web 2.0 technology but what is it? Whats as its past ?any specific feature that it...
I am a bit influenced by "SWADESHI"(brands of your country). I am curious if other people choose to go for it if possible. I like to buy Wipro CFL over...
Many of us would be asking what is this Web 2.0, and how is it emerged! If there's Web 2.0, then there should be a Web 1.0 right? So what...
Quote: While invented in Birmingham, England, in the 19th Century, tennis has become popular worldwide, perhaps only second to soccer/football. The game is fast, easy to grasp, and accessible to...
RS485 port lightning protection solution Product Name: Three-terminal SMD Gas Discharge Tube Model:B3DXXXL(5KA) Size:5X7.5mm Application description 1.Protection against overvoltage of RS485, RS232 and Ethernet in telecommunication and security. 2.Protection against...