complex numbers

complex numbers have a wide variety of applications in communications but why are we considering imaginary numbers if they are not existing?
i mean according to fourier analysis any wave can be expressed as sum of exponential functions
and e^ix=cosx+isinx but how are we expressing a wave that is physically existing in terms of complex quantities which contains imaginary quantities which doesnt have any physical existance?

Replies

• niraj.kumar
    niraj.kumar
    shiva complex number is not all imaginery it solve lots of pratical problem in aviation

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have three signals goes from encoder to decoder. Gnd, Comm and vcc. When there is wireless mode encoder and decoder work independently on their own power resource. Now in...
i want to know about the kinetic hydrolysis of corn starch and wheat starch using enzymatic method of analysis
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Puzzle Source: Mind and Visual Puzzles and Activities that enhance critical, logical, and creative thinking skills, and keep your brain active! There are on the table 3...
hi can any one suggest me the approach to star my project am in final year mechanical engi am from bangalore
Here's hoping Kinetic Joules and all other CEans in TX,LA & MS have sought shelter and are safe from the hurricane. Let us know if you need anything.