Competitive Education Systems: Good or Bad?

Is the competitive education system good or bad? Is it something we should continue in our society? Share your opinion, please.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved

How'd you define competitive education system?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Its good and must be there but without the reservation system.

Reservation system is in India not sure of other countries though 😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Its always for good only.

Reason - If there are 10 seats and 100 students, then there must be a competition to choose the best 10, so that deserving students can get the opportunity.

-CB
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    It's good to bring up the talent
    but there should not be any reservation
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    it is absolutely necessary for a competitive education system.how else can we expect a brighter generation ahead?besides a competitive atmosphere makes a student perform better than normal.there has to be a healthy competition.
    and this reservation is doing all injustice it can to many students.it is painful to see another student with lower marks getting a course you really wanted(but couldn't make it) due to this reservation quota..😡
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    I dont agree with the competition, i think everybody should have the chance to learn with their particular ritm, i mean everybody have diferent times to learn and asimilate, lucky my country have place for everybody at university 😁
  • sunildhimal
    sunildhimal
    I agree with Juma..
    Education is a process of learning.
    learning for a lifetime.
    education must be enjoyable.
    and the competition makes it dull.
    the real education is there when you want to learn about the subject from your heart.
    in a competitive education we are learning because we have to learn..but in a real education you are learning because you want to learn.you have the curiosity in you.
    and yes everyone is bright is one or the other way.getting a degree is not only the way for education.
    so,i guess the open system should be adopted for education.learn as you like..
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    A purely competitive system would be good if the testers were always wise enough to pick the material that is important. But they are not. So it is best to have a system where a few people can get around the competitive process, slip through the backdoor, so to speak. That preserves some variety in the group that is educated.

I think this is analogous to the way that nature preserves variety through evolution and genetics. If the advantage in being tall and strong were allowed to stamp out all the genes for being small then the population would become all strong and tall people. If the population needed a small person to explore a cave or walk over a flimsy log to cross a river then it would be out of luck. Evolution preserves variety in the population.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    English-Scared
    Its good and must be there but without the reservation system.

Reservation system is in India not sure of other countries though 😀

Reservation system has real impact on students who study really well.,It blocks their opportunities.
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    Explain to someone who does not live in India, what a "reservation system" is.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    tashirosgt
    government policy to reserve positions/sites for the Backward Classes.

Reservation In India
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tashirosgt
    The cast system has been an integral part of Indian society for ages. For years, the backward classes were deprived from education. It was proposed that the backward classes should be given a quota in education for a span of 10 years.

That means, in college/school admissions and jobs a fixed percentage of seats were reserved for people from the backward classes.

The intentions were good; however the politicians manipulated and extended the reservation system for over 60 years and still going strong. Two generations have benefited from the reservation system; but no one is now willing to scrap it off.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, For latest news about NASA's LCROSS project, keep watch on NASA - LCROSS If you have more information about the project, please share it with us in this thread.
Digital processing signal projects hello , this is deepa from chennai i need details, notes,seminars abt the basic of electronic, small dsp( digital processing signal projects), why because i have...
3M, the diversified technology company, develops hearing products specifically aimed at the food manufacturing industry, to try and help prevent workers suffering from workplace hearing loss. Exposure to noise at...
So I have a school project which includes mechanical and electrical engineering and my idea was to create a water retrieving vehicle that detects water with infra red sensors and...
Welcome to 2 States, a story about Krish and Ananya. They are from two different states of India, deeply in love and want to get married. Of course, their parents...