Communication Technology Used In Air Planes

As we hear the latest news of AirAisa plane going missing; with no RADARS being able to keep a track of the plane- I"m wondering whether serious innovation is required in tracking of the planes. It also brings me to this topic that is quite important. I'm curious to understand the kind of communication technology that's used in Air Planes these days. Why is it that a big plane can go missing with most people being clueless about it?

Can someone quickly tell us about the communication systems used in planes and what improvements can be made to it?

PS: I've always wondered - can there be a signal transmitter set up on every plan that gives the satellite current position of the planes?

Replies

• Mohamed Shameem
    Mohamed Shameem
    Communication systems used in planes.
    see below pic for clear understandings.
    one Failure reason is Radar coverage not effective above 240 km from land.
    Its very effective only when plane flies lesser 240 km

communication1
  • Mohamed Shameem
    Mohamed Shameem
    i dont know why they not using GPS method for tracking planes.

My idea is better to use signals towers( like mobile towers) placing in four dimensions of each oceans, seas borders. It may helpful for to track easily.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone suggest me best laptops for clear view in direct sunlight, right now with my current laptop it is almost impossible to read anything because of too much reflection
There are times, when you need motivation, and songs are a great way of getting it.😒 So let's share the songs which make us pumped up and which we enjoy...
Google has made the rules of the Google Play Store sterner. Since anyone can make an app and upload it on the play store for the Android OS, Google has...
One year ago, Sony had announced the availability of a cloud based gaming facility called PlayStation Now, which allowed the users to access PlayStation (PS) games without a console. Since...
In my recent talks with many engineers pursuing management entrance exams for doing MBA from the reputed colleges of India, I found that they have a common set of questions...