combination of ac and dc

V=10 v + 5sin(wt) v
what will be the nature of the above voltage?
whether it would be dc or ac ?

Replies

• imnitsy
    imnitsy
    it nature is AC!!
    adding a dc in ac signal will increase the magnitude by the dc voltage!!😁

correct me if i am wrong!!
  • imnitsy
    imnitsy
    also the magnitude of the resultant voltage must be sqrt(100+25)!!!!
  • ankita15
    ankita15
    it will be ac,,,,,,,,as sin function is there,,,,,,,,
    correct ,,,,if it is wrong ans.
  • nitin_sharma
    nitin_sharma
    It will be an ac signal which will fluctuate about the 10V DC level instead of ground level.
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    if we draw the graph of both the DC as well as AC function then the resultant will be in AC form with the magnitude around 10v so it will be purely an AC signal...
  • amanoverworked
    amanoverworked
    but according to the definition of alternating current its direction changes , but here it is fixed.
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    With 10VDC and 5VAC together means AV is super imposed on DC.
    Resultant will be a DC Voltage with an AC component ( like a ripple in DC).

Graph will look like an AC sine wave via a scope provided the DC function is enabled, with a reference at 10V instead of 0V as a pure sine wave would look like.

Rifaa
  • 360degrees
    360degrees
    I think its dc in nature.Not a perfect DC but a pulsating one.I think so because when (wt)=0,its value =10;wt=90,its value=15,wt=180 it again becomes 10 and wt=270 it is 5.
    So it varies from +5 to +15V.
    So it is a DC.
  • 360degrees
    360degrees
    This is basically the output of a clamper circuit.It is used in DC insertion in Television etc..
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    Rifaa
    With 10VDC and 5VAC together means AV is super imposed on DC.
    Resultant will be a DC Voltage with an AC component ( like a ripple in DC).

Graph will look like an AC sine wave via a scope provided the DC function is enabled, with a reference at 10V instead of 0V as a pure sine wave would look like.

Rifaa
    Agree, the DC voltage greater than the AC amplitude. So, the adding result is all the value will be positif. So, no alternating voltage. It's DC signal.
  • roxy_1001
    roxy_1001
    i hope this diagram will help you to clear you doubt ...
    [​IMG]

things you can see...

1) It's normal sinewave shifted 10 v above the 0v level...
    2) It will have no -ve cycles..
    3) It will fluctauate above and below 10v refernce level...
    4) If you add -10v instead of adding +10v the whole graph will be shifted below the 0v.
    5) This kind of waveforms are called as Fluctuating DC's ..not AC...😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello.. is there any advantage in EDGE technology for GPRS system in mobile over the 2G ? what is this EDGE stands for ?? 😒
Hi Guys, How to interface a small DC motor to 8085 microprocessor? I know for interfacing keyboard IC8279 is used. Which IC is used for interfacing a small DC motor?
SlickRun File Size: 497 SlickRun is a 32-bit floating command line utility for Windows. Occupying less than 1.5% of a 800x600 display, SlickRun gives you almost instant access to any...
hey guys please help me out with the concept of ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE...is it related with some kind of sixth sense..??
hey friends i have gone through a article regarding the charging of a mobile phone battery wirelessly with in a range of 10 meter...is this idea really fesiable..and if yes...