college site

hey guys i designed a new website for my college rrsece.co.cc if any one could help me in giving suggestions in developing the site it would be very help full. the site is aimed to get the latest technology updates and on going latest thing in the college

any kinda feed back is welcome

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Couple of suggestions from me -

• Don't use black background. Use a lighter one. If you like darker backgrounds, make sure that you use the right combination of text color and images. Usually everything looks better on lighter backgrounds.
    • Make the front page more informative. You may have your college logo, important updates, description, mission of the site, member information etc.
    • Why not include a blog where students can contribute their own articles and updates?
    • Have a twitter feed of your own site. You may even incorporate facebook updates as well.
    • You may post a list of useful sites for engineers ( *hint* 😉)
    • Have a photo slideshow.
    • Get rid of the 'calendar' unless it's absolutely necessary.
    • I see that you've plans to incorporate book store where students can buy books. You'll have to work out on its design and ease of use. It's better to use a plugin to handle it. There are several open source plugins, shopping carts which you can integrate with your website.
    I hope this feedback is useful. Let's hope to have more feedback from other CEans
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    There are a lot of examples from which you can select. Best would be OSWD - Open Source Web Design. Do check out premium templates from ThemeForest to get an idea how they are designing and stuff like that. 😀

@Biggie: Nice Hint!!! 😀
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    thanks guys i will work on the background immediately😀
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Do keep your site cross-browser compatible... 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    Do keep your site cross-browser compatible... 😀
    IE6 support can be skipped.
  • Jean Colley
    Jean Colley
    Wow, Engineer Rocks.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    hey guys after taking advice the site looks like this rrscet.org
    thanks for your advice and if there are any more suggestions regarding the theme menu and all please tell me i ll try to implement them

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are looking for 1 PHP developer in Delhi NCR region for full time Salary :- Negotiable Job Profile :- Management of dealaram.com ,Technical Support Job Requirements:- Intermediate knowledge of...
Eli Pariser of the progressive organization MoveOn says the Internet is hiding things from us, and we don't even know it. In this TED Talk he calls out Facebook, Goggle...
Nokia E6 pre-order is now live in India on Nokia's official website. The estimated price of Nokia E6 is Rs. 17999. Specifications of the phone are as follows - Size:...
You can check the result here with your roll number: CBSE - ALL INDIA ENGINEERING / ARCHITECTURE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2011
i'm studying 3rd year chemical engineering.. i want some advice related to 4th year projects.. i dont have any idea about that..