CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@jevinkake • 18 Sep, 2014
Hi! I am new here and I just want to ask about my project idea. I want to know if my idea is possible using Raspberry Pi. I want to create a Coin-slot Operated Printing Machine that will be controlled using an Android tablet as the display and control of the printer. The machine will accept files to print via Bluetooth(from any Bluetooth devices), direct transfer and via web(e-mail).

Here is my concept: first is that the coin slot will recognize the coin inputs and when it meets the required amount the printer is now open for access, meaning the user can now transfer the files to the machine via its desired method. The Android tablet will serve as the control for the printer, this is where the user will select what kind of file transfer method he wants to use for printing. Then it will also display what file/s to print and then a control for a "start printing" command.

What I want to know is can Rasp Pi accommodate all this devices at once. Can the Rasp Pi connect the tablet as the display and control for the printer and the coin slot. Another thing to consider is the methods for file transfer, is it possible to have a file transfer via Bluetooth, web and direct transfer to the Rasp Pi while the tablet, coin slot and printer are connected to the Pi as well. If this is all possible, can I know what model of Raspberry Pi I should use and can you give me an idea of how should I start in making this project from scratch. If this is not possible with Rasp Pi, what other alternatives can I use to make this project.

This is my final year project and I am hoping for a positive response. Any help from you are very much appreciated. Thank you very much and more power to you guys!!!
@jevinkake • 21 Sep, 2014 does anyone have the idea to make this work?
@Eduard Popa • 29 Jul, 2016 I stayed upon that idea days and nights as well and my finally conclusión would be the following :-having an app to manage the printing process page by page and charging to users . talking about coins op printer it's easaly solved. If you are like minded write me edipo1971@ gmail.com
@Eduard Popa • 29 Jul, 2016
jevinkake
Hi! I am new here and I just want to ask about my project idea. I want to know if my idea is possible using Raspberry Pi. I want to create a Coin-slot Operated Printing Machine that will be controlled using an Android tablet as the display and control of the printer. The machine will accept files to print via Bluetooth(from any Bluetooth devices), direct transfer and via web(e-mail).

Here is my concept: first is that the coin slot will recognize the coin inputs and when it meets the required amount the printer is now open for access, meaning the user can now transfer the files to the machine via its desired method. The Android tablet will serve as the control for the printer, this is where the user will select what kind of file transfer method he wants to use for printing. Then it will also display what file/s to print and then a control for a "start printing" command.

What I want to know is can Rasp Pi accommodate all this devices at once. Can the Rasp Pi connect the tablet as the display and control for the printer and the coin slot. Another thing to consider is the methods for file transfer, is it possible to have a file transfer via Bluetooth, web and direct transfer to the Rasp Pi while the tablet, coin slot and printer are connected to the Pi as well. If this is all possible, can I know what model of Raspberry Pi I should use and can you give me an idea of how should I start in making this project from scratch. If this is not possible with Rasp Pi, what other alternatives can I use to make this project.

This is my final year project and I am hoping for a positive response. Any help from you are very much appreciated. Thank you very much and more power to you guys!!!
I stayed upon that idea days and nights as well and my finally conclusión would be the following :-having an app to manage the printing process page by page and charging to users . talking about coins op printer it's easaly solved. If you are like minded write me edipo1971@ gmail.com
6.5k views

Related Posts

@Guneet Khanuja · Dec 23, 2014

DoSelect, a comprehensive recruitment tool, enables companies to assess and discover the best talent. DoSelect allows evaluation on a wide range of technologies, and allows teams to perform multi-stage, collaborative...
5.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 27, 2015

Born and raised in Mumbai, Satej Sirur was brought up by parents who were both bankers. In his growing up years, Satej had to move around quite a bit. While...
3.4k views

@me@ce · May 13, 2011

Hi to all CE members! In coming month I am planning to buy a new TV screen, I think LG is the best brand, but one of my cousins was...
16.9k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Sep 16, 2015

Curious to know if there are any advantages of putting the vehicle on centre stand over the side stand? If there are no advantages, why don't the two wheeler makers...
4.1k views

@piyusheddie · Sep 20, 2012

Hey guys..... I am about to start working on STAAD PRO V8i.....so can anyone help me to learn this software or can provide me tutorials regarding this in PDF format....
4.7k views