CrazyEngineers
  • DEP
    DEP

MemberNov 22, 2007

CMOS checksum error

hey CEans,

i have recently got a new Seagate 160GB hdd and 512MB RAM. Am loving my PC these days but there is a little trouble. At the time of booting i get this error- CMOS checksum error-defaults loaded.
    Did a bit of search and found out that the possible reason is that my CMOS battery is out now but this is only a probability while there could be other reasons also which i couldnt get.
    And every time i start my system the system date is reset to 01-01-2002 because the changes that i make to the date arent reflected in the BIOS because of CMOS failure.

now can anyone tel me that how can i find out the exact reason for this CMOS checksum failure.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • sai krishna

MemberDec 3, 2007

the only reason to get this error is that ur cmos battery is out.there is no other reason reason to get this error .so u just replace ur cmos battery.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • engineer_vinay

MemberJan 13, 2008

Sorry Sai Krishna,
    I think this is not only resason for this error. I have also a board which is giving this message. so, i replaced c-mos battery to new but problem is still .

Pls. inform if any other reason is.
    Cancel
  • MaRo

MemberJan 14, 2008

1- Type in the right values and save it.
    2- If it goes wrong, try replacing the Battery
    3- There is a missing or wrong placed or (should be removed) Jumper**
    4- If all wrong, reload the BIOS firmware to the chip (In some computer shop or something)

**Check your motherboard manual for BIOS/CMOS options
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register