CMOS checksum error

hey CEans,

i have recently got a new Seagate 160GB hdd and 512MB RAM. Am loving my PC these days but there is a little trouble. At the time of booting i get this error- CMOS checksum error-defaults loaded.
Did a bit of search and found out that the possible reason is that my CMOS battery is out now but this is only a probability while there could be other reasons also which i couldnt get.
And every time i start my system the system date is reset to 01-01-2002 because the changes that i make to the date arent reflected in the BIOS because of CMOS failure.

now can anyone tel me that how can i find out the exact reason for this CMOS checksum failure.


  • sai krishna
    sai krishna
    the only reason to get this error is that ur cmos battery is out.there is no other reason reason to get this error .so u just replace ur cmos battery.
  • engineer_vinay
    Sorry Sai Krishna,
    I think this is not only resason for this error. I have also a board which is giving this message. so, i replaced c-mos battery to new but problem is still .

    Pls. inform if any other reason is.
  • MaRo
    1- Type in the right values and save it.
    2- If it goes wrong, try replacing the Battery
    3- There is a missing or wrong placed or (should be removed) Jumper**
    4- If all wrong, reload the BIOS firmware to the chip (In some computer shop or something)

    **Check your motherboard manual for BIOS/CMOS options

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Read Carefully ... Some may apply to you ... The first 90% of project takes 10% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time. If...
hello i am sanjayhande interested in independent automatic bio gas system which can generate maximum methane in minimum time. if anyone have any info pl contact me😒
Friends, On 26th of November, CE will complete two years of existence on the Internet! Frankly speaking, I had no clue we'd grow to 5k+ members ( we have never...
CEans, I've come to a conclusion that Internet Explorer sucks! 😡 . I'm using IE 7 on Vista & it 'STILL' has the old PNG problem. If a PNG with...
Hi!!! to you all.. i like this site... I am a new member and I'm trying to find an ebook on Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Dennis G. Zill, Michael R....