City-Wide Free Wi-Fi & The Business Model To Sustain It

It looks like providing free wi-fi city-wide is the new 'cool' thing to do. I began finding out how it all works and if any government can sustain it without paying for the wi-fi from its own pockets. I read that the free wifi is supported by advertisements; but I couldn't really figure out how and where will the advertisements be served.

Does anyone here know how it all works? Can the governments offer it on no profit or for profit basis?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear members, Please suggest me a project topic based on software analysis.
OnePlus has announced the launch of its home grown concoction of Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop). The new operating system for OnePlus One smartphones is called Oxygen OS. The operating system was...
Undoubtedly, one of the fastest growing smartphones on the planet, Gionee now wants to double its buyers in the land of mobile fanatics. Motivated with its last year's performance, with...
Is there is any medical and physical fitness test required for IES ECE 2015 if yes then what type of test is there.This year i submitted IES application form for...
If you have been following up with the recent trend in research work by engineers across the world, you might've noticed that 3D printing has become a common thread globally....