Circuit Board Doubt

Why don't we get a shock by touching a circuit board(Big ones),if all the wires are integrated in it?😕

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Whats In Name
    Why don't we get a shock by touching a circuit board(Big ones),if all the wires are integrated in it?😕
    Buddy voltage in circuit board is very less(5-10V) and hence you never get shocked because for getting shocked you need at least 100V.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Thanks for your reply,but is it also valid for the big circuit boards of some sort of super computers or ancient computers 😀
  • Leo
    Leo
    Its same reason there too, in bigger circuit boards too there are components which do not need very high voltage so arrangements are made to compensate on total Voltage applied. For example our homes are provided with 220-240 V and 5 amperes current, but when you plug in devices like laptops and mobile phones adapter reduces voltage to 8-10V or 3-4V which even if we touch nothing special happens though the current remains same. And if you touch live wire now you will be shocked immediately, no change in current just a change in voltage and many circuit components are capable or storing charge like capacitors sometimes even resisters and transistor also have some charge in in which is responsible for you getting shocked.
  • bill190
    bill190
    There are some circuit boards which have mains power voltage on them. Or on portions of the circuit board. So be *darn* sure you know what you are touching before your touch it!

And best to unplug or disconnect boards from the mains power before working on them!

Then TV's can have high voltage even when unplugged and turned off. If there is a high voltage warning label, don't touch anything if you don't understand what you are doing!
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    @All
    Thanks for the reply,it was really helpful 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello folks, I have got offer to work for Siemens(SISL) on contract basis for system testing. I have 1yr of testing experience... I would like know if working on contract...
I'm currently pursuing 3rd semester in Manufacturing Sc. Engineering I want to know whether its better to appear Mechanical or Production & Industrial Engg. paper in GATE And as our...
Name: Whats In Name😁 Engineering Trade: Computer Science Location: New Delhi,India Occupation: Student I joined CrazyEngineers because: Its a nice community and worth joining😁
Block Zuck Reports: Block Zuck How to block Zuck Log in to Facebook. (You’re probably already logged in.) Go to Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/zuck. In the left column, click...
Choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole. 1. Dreams are --- in and of themselves, but,...