Chrome OS introduction video

[youtube]0QRO3gKj3qw[/youtube]

What do you think, folks?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    deos it mean no booting? 😕
    what about desk top programs what we run?
    how secure is our own data in internet?

The only point what I felt the whole empahsis was on that, Chrome OS is nto a OS, but a way in which you access internet without using your OS. Like how few laptopse.g (DELLXPS) have access to music and other documents(I think even internet -I dont know about internet though) without starting up your computer, this is something similar. Its a new idea on the whole though!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, it does require booting and the current booting time is 7 seconds. ChromOS, although looks like a browser, is not a browser. Its an OS that runs on the netbooks [special hardware].

Programs will be small 'web apps'. Of course, you won't be able to play HALO on it (yet) and run Microsoft Office; you'll surely be able to do everything you do on the Web - and your data will be stored in real time on the cloud.

I personally think storing everything on the cloud is not a smarter way - because one may always have the risk of losing the data. Also, if there's a security breach on the cloud - it affects several users!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    But the very points mentioned in the video are correct as a major chunk of time is passed sitting on the net, browsing

So the aim the Chrome OS has is bring the net closer , efficient, hardware independent.

Must be a hit.
  • sookie
    sookie
    I guess it should be better termed as "Web OS" ? What if one don't have internet connection at certain point a time? 😕
  • callyD
    callyD
    Nice thing is its an open source, lightweight operating system first released on Notebooks - Laptops

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, If you are looking for a guide on how to install Google chrome OS, don't look further. Simply because you cannot install Google Chrome OS on just any computer....
Google Chrome has just launched and I'm wondering the approach they have [keeping all the data in cloud] is smart or not? One can easily argue that it makes the...
The much awaited Nokia N900 is now available to users in the US. With the launch of N900, Nokia brings a powerful computer running on the dynamic, Linux-based Maemo platform....
Phone Remote Control 5.2 with WiFi support (free to try) Turn your Bluetooth or WiFi enabled mobile phone into a generic PC Remote Control! - Control iTunes, PowerPoint, Mouse, WinAMP,...
hi...everyone.. laughing makes a man healthy ...and it is a free medicine so you should always keeping smiling ... check this link and smile... [youtube]77bxPtMsgFs[/youtube]tags YouTube - Gabbar