Chrome App Launcher & AURA UI Finally Arrives In Google Chrome For Linux.

Recently, Google Chrome Dev Channel stacks for Linux were updated adding AURA UI stack & Chrome App Launcher to the latest unstable build. AURA, the graphical stack for Google Chrome, can offer rich visuals, animated transitions, rendering ,etc. using the harware acceleration whenever possible. AURA UI stack was first introduced in ChromeOS and later on it arrived in Google Chrome browser for Windows, OS X and now finally in Linux.

Another awesome feature that is available for Linux distributions is 'Chrome App Launcher'. This application displays all your installed Chrome apps & extensions outside the browser which you can pin in Unity launcher if you're using Ubuntu distribution. The top of application launcher includes search panel, from where you can search about anything & pressing enter will pop the search result in Chrome Browser. Check images below :

Screenshot from 2014-01-31 20:49:46

Screenshot from 2014-01-31 20:40:35

Screenshot from 2014-01-31 20:41:57

Installation :
- Grab the browser from #-Link-Snipped-#
- Make sure to select Dev-Channel build
- App-launcher is not available as default, so to activate it open chrome://flags & scroll down below & search for 'enable app launcher' & click on 'enable'
- restart browser (or restart the PC)
- In dash, search of 'Chrome App' pick it & drag it to unity launcher.

I didn't tested latest unstable build of Google Chrome in anyother distribution except 14.04 LTS Ubuntu, I will test in openSUSE KDE & will report the details, soon.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is best for electrical engineer in the future?
I know an engineers mind not always cool,becz they are try to find better way for build their own carrier.It's not a simple job,there should have lot's of hardwork ,dedicated...
How to prepare for C-DAC Entrance Exam ??? what should be the correct choice of course for an electrical and electronics engineer for getting best job opportunities ?????? where do...
BuiltWith.com, is a start-up based out of Australia by the duo - Gary Brewer and Andrew Rogers. Gary lives on the Northern Beaches, near Sydney in Australia. His big startup...
Hi CEans, I am going to do a project in Alternative fuels and especially in Biodiesel to use in Diesel engines.My guide had asked me to research on non edible...