China's Tianhe-1 Is The Fastest Supercomputer In The World!

China is surely giving USA sleepless nights. If not, it will from now. China has stolen the crown for the fastest computer in the world from USA. Tianhe-1 (meaning the Milky Way) can do 2,570 trillion calculations per second :shifty: (without mistakes, of course) and that makes it the top supercomputer in the world.

USA's Jaguar could do only 1,750 trillion calculations per second :shifty: and it was #1 supercomputer in the world for a long time.Another Chinese system, the Nebulae machine at the National Supercomputing Centre in the southern city of Shenzhen is the third super fast super-computer.

Well, USA still has the most number of supercomputers among the 500 top; but China is making a fast entry with about 42 supercomputers (ahead of Japan, France, Germany and Britain).

I wonder where does India stand in the race. 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#
​

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    India has one or two of them in the top 10. Read it on Forbes sometime ago. Another ones on the way. It wont beat this current topper though.It is supposed to be faster than the Nebulae.

The interesting thing to be noted is that the chinese are tapping the GPU power instead of the CPU to make much more efficient and more powerful supercomputers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hot and Cold working Processes: The metal working processes are derived into hot working and cold working processes. The division is on the basis of the amount of heating applied...
I am a student. I am working in my project(web browser).I am trying to know about the process of the html parsing and how to handle javascript content in java.Can...
We know that a resistor can be considered as a load. Now the question is, if we increase the resistance according to ohm's law V = IR, the current must...
Hello, I am new to simulink and Matlab. I am trying to simulate the Mackey-Glass equation with Simulink. The equation is : dx(t)/dt = 0.2 (x(t-tau)/1 + x^10(t-tau)) -0.1x(t) where:...
Many a times when you are using net within an organization or college campus, you face the problem of IP conflict. As some one within the same network come up...