China's Cyber War Against India - What's actually being done?

CEans,

I'm sure you must have seen it in the news. China's hackers/crackers have declared a cyber war against India.

While the news channels don't talk about what's actually being done, I'd like to know what's actually being done. Is it yet-another DOS attack against Indian websites or what?

What's your take on the whole thing?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh dear.. Has this somehow got to do with the Tibet issue? I didnt know this was going on. Last time I heard of a hacking attempt was regarding the hacking (well.. more like password mining) of foreign embassies using the TOR network, or something like that.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    China has mounted almost daily attacks on Indian computer networks, both government and private, showing its intent and capability.

The sustained assault almost coincides with the history of the present political disquiet between the two countries.

According to senior government officials, these attacks are not isolated incidents of something so generic or basic as "hacking" β€” they are far more sophisticated and complete β€” and there is a method behind the madness.

The core of the assault is that the Chinese are constantly scanning and mapping India’s official networks. This gives them a very good idea of not only the content but also of how to disable the networks or distract them during a conflict.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anyone knows the technical details of this attack?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well i can assure you India's secrets are safegurded as indian goverment is still not tat much relaing on electronic meduim....and anyhow china is india's biggest market and vice-versa
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I guess China is really getting its roots spread into the world of Hacking. We're too small - but we do get a considerable number of spammers and hackers from China.

Gosh!
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I haven't heard anything about it until now. Wow. . . that's awful! It makes you think about all the cyber geniuses out there, and just what they are capable of.
    Anyone know what sparked the attack?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well china has underground groups for hacking!!!...they can down any system at any timw of the day.....but tat doesnt mean they are invincible,m sure every country has potent security
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    sauravgoswami
    well china has underground groups for hacking!!!...they can down any system at any timw of the day.....but tat doesnt mean they are invincible,m sure every country has potent security
    Do we have any CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER on CE, he may answer these questions.

-Crazy
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Anyone knows the technical details of this attack?
    I'm not completely aware. But its got to do with the networks. They would send a web program that starts running if you click on the link and then spreads across the networks. Very painful for IT companies πŸ˜€

Try doing a whois look up on these spams we get on CE
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    crazyboy
    Do we have any CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER on CE, he may answer these questions.

-Crazy
    My fiance's a mastermind hacker. . .
    I just made him join yesterday. His display name is xero-sama
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    Try doing a whois look up on these spams we get on CE
    Mayur- Did anyone tell you that 'whois' is the best command on the Internet πŸ˜› . You recommend 'whois' on almost everything [​IMG]

My fiance's a mastermind hacker. . .
    I just made him join yesterday. His display name is xero-sama
    I hope he's an ethical hacker. Xero-sama - we are so nice people here, you know. :shifty:
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    The_Big_K
    I hope he's an ethical hacker. Xero-sama - we are so nice people here, you know. :shifty:
    I have know idea. Sorry πŸ˜”
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Your fiance? You are 15 right?πŸ˜•. Never mind. So i suppose XS will be able to shed more light on this subject. And checking his account I also found out that he too is good at art like you.😎
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    raj87verma88
    Your fiance? You are 15 right?πŸ˜•. Never mind. So i suppose XS will be able to shed more light on this subject. And checking his account I also found out that he too is good at art like you.😎
    Yes. . . weren't you in the CE conference when ash, Biggie, and I were talking about it? Wait. . . (thinks about it) I forgot you weren't there.
    And yes, he owns the digital art world! In my opinion.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    KINETIC_JOULES
    And yes, he owns the digital art world! In my opinion.
    Thats cool. We are still waiting that ETHICAL HACKERs will enlighten this thread.

And we will wait for some cool stuff in CE wallpapers too...😁 😁

-
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Oh ho!! is CE expanding to new ventures,m dying to meet ETHICAL HACKER,I have some real toughies for him,which even chinese found hard!!!
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    crazyboy
    Thats cool. We are still waiting that ETHICAL HACKERs will enlighten this thread.

And we will wait for some cool stuff in CE wallpapers too...😁 😁

-
    Well. . . I've been doing some wallpapers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I was wondering if anyone of you can talk about Genetic Engineering. What exactly do genetic engineers do? I bet this discussion will clarify lots of doubts that most...

Hi

Hi, Look forward to working with you all. I may be one of the oldest engineer in this forum but I am still learning and spreading the stored knowledge among...
CEans, The purpose behind starting CE -Finance was very simple. Engineers should have a place where they can talk about finance and benefit from it. I've realized that most of...
Looks like we have lot of confusion over the subject here πŸ˜‰ . So, why not dedicate a thread to it? Is 0.999999.... (infinite) equal to 1? What do you...
Hello Friends , I Need A Product Key Of Vista 32 Bit Home Premium ..