Check whether a stepper motor works?

How to check whether a stepper motor is working or not?? My stepper motor has 6 wires for input to be integrated with circuit.....
Please help me out .... its urgent....

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    N.Gowtham Raj
    How to check whether a stepper motor is working or not?? My stepper motor has 6 wires for input to be integrated with circuit.....
    It means you want to test that the Stepper motor is OK or not?
  • N.Gowtham Raj
    N.Gowtham Raj
    Yeah... Exactly...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    N.Gowtham Raj
    Yeah... Exactly...
    well not sure but i think you can check the windings of the Motor it should be show continuity or some resistance.
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    check the resistance of the windings with respect to the common winding. You will get what you are searching for.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    it cannot be told without looking at the motor. each piece is differently designed to suite the purpose. you must be having a manual or something?
  • Gowtham_JGR
    Gowtham_JGR
    Check the connection with Multimeter for continuity and check the resistance across the two wires A+,A- and B+,B-,/.... then connect
    I have 6.6 ohm for 4.2 kgcm Torque 😀
  • raghunathreddy36
    raghunathreddy36
    N.Gowtham Raj
    giving digital pulses to stepper motor. u r stepper motor have number of poles.
  • 4_Tech
    4_Tech
    i think trying to drive it using a stepper motor driving circuit would clear d doubt . . .
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Do you have a data sheet for it?
    If not, what markings are on it?
    What company manufactured it?
    What model and/or part number are stamped on it?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm totally pissed off because of BSNL's IDIOTS - who're totally clueless about their own system. I requested for plan update to BBG-ULD-1350-COMBO-MONTHLY which provides 4Mbps speed up to 20...
In corporate world there is obvious scenario of reporting to more than one bosses.It is really a difficult to handle such situation where employee needs to report two or more...
Hi I am making a remote control for switching ON and OFF lights in my house. Hope UART is the best method when using IR. Need only 3 input pins...
hello friends I need help regarding emerging seminar topics if you have any idea please post I'll be thankfull..
Here’s a lecture on phasor analysis which gives information about the relative phase differences between various waveforms in a circuit. Prof. L. Umanand, Principal Research Scientist of Power Electronics Group-IISc...