CFL Concept

hi friends the cfl is known for the electricity saving device and every house hold uses it. some days before a research came out which says that it is also the polluted one or in other words we can say that it pollute the environment because it contains murcury which is non degredable. so when a CFL gets faulted and it thrown to the destbean it will pollute the environment.
Ok enough because my question is not related to this. so my question is that the CFL takes more time to rise up whats the reason behind this guys?
from some days the CFL in my house are started to take more time to rise up. i do not understand the reason behind this. can any cean help me to short this out?
reply me guys what you thing about this ?
one more thing is that do not through the faulty CFL try to repair that or take this to the electronic waste collector of your reason which can be able to degrade this one and save the environment.😕

Replies

• satyajit rules
    satyajit rules
    cfl works on a concept of ionisation of gases like argon & mercury. when a high voltage around 1000v voltage passes through a gas, it gets ionised & radiate uv rays. that again collides with the phosphoroscence or flourosence coating under the glass.

but our supply is 230v. so fom where we get that much high voltage. we use a choke o now a days use an electronicballast. expalanation is like this:

V=L (di/dt)

so change in current with fractions of time increases. that causes voltage to increase upto 1000v within this fractions of second.when supply is poor. it cant help the voltage rise to that extent. so it takes some time to ionise the gas. that may be the cause of late rise up of the cfl bulb.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    satyajit rules
    cfl works on a concept of ionisation of gases like argon & mercury. when a high voltage around 1000v voltage passes through a gas, it gets ionised & radiate uv rays. that again collides with the phosphoroscence or flourosence coating under the glass.

but our supply is 230v. so fom where we get that much high voltage. we use a choke o now a days use an electronicballast. expalanation is like this:

V=L (di/dt)

so change in current with fractions of time increases. that causes voltage to increase upto 1000v within this fractions of second.when supply is poor. it cant help the voltage rise to that extent. so it takes some time to ionise the gas. that may be the cause of late rise up of the cfl bulb.
    how to resolve the poroblem?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Use LED Bulbs or LED Tube-lights. Cost is sky-high!
    Last time I asked the local vendor at Ahmedabad, one LED bulb was around 860 INR. (Lifetime warranty) dayum!
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Abhishek Rawal
    Use LED Bulbs or LED Tube-lights. Cost is sky-high!
    Last time I asked the local vendor at Ahmedabad, one LED bulb was around 860 INR. (Lifetime warranty) dayum!
    thats great mr. but i ask how to repair the cfl regading that problem?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    yogi.bharadwaj
    thats great mr. but i ask how to repair the cfl regading that problem?
    YiKh0M9
  • satyajit rules
    satyajit rules
    yogi.bharadwaj
    very simple ..use voltage stabilising equipments.. it is obvious..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just noticed this on Google News? Since when do CE posts come on Google News? Did you register as media company?
Watch this video that'll tell you how exactly you should treat another human being, irrespective of color or creed. And also, think about how each of us have mis-treated or...
Title says it all, any help would be highly appreciated, plus any idea on which domain to choose, how it goes on etc. What to do / not to do...
I just realized that many of us don't use our Android smartphones for some really useful apps. There are 100s of apps on Android that keep a check on your...
hi want to know which is the best simulation software to simulate microcontrollers in virtual environment alongwith its connected virtual parts like LEDs, Displays etc. And where to get it?...