Certificate Courses for career in Cyber Security

I have completed my B.E. in Computer Engineering will continue studying to M.Tech.

Considering a career in cyber security, there are certain certificate courses that can be undertaken. The one I know is CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) certification.
What other such certifications are available in India ?
Also how to go about training in those ?

Your help is greatly appreciated 😀

Replies

• shreyasstar
    shreyasstar
    I have completed my B.E. in Computer Engineering will continue studying to M.Tech.

Considering a career in cyber security, there are certain certificate courses that can be undertaken. The one I know is CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) certification.
    What other such certifications are available in India ?
    Also how to go about training in those ?

Your help is greatly appreciated 😀​
  • shreyasstar
    shreyasstar
    Well, does nobody have any idea ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shreyasstar
    Well, does nobody have any idea ?
    I've heard about Cyber Security course offered by C-DAC Hyderabad. I think if it's CDAC you can be sure of the quality and recognition in the industry.
  • shreyasstar
    shreyasstar
    What about CEH and CISSP ?
    the courses are expensive considering they have only 5 days of training...
  • shreyasstar
    shreyasstar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've heard about Cyber Security course offered by C-DAC Hyderabad. I think if it's CDAC you can be sure of the quality and recognition in the industry.
    Also the courses offered at CDAC are for 6 months, I need shorter ones...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shreyasstar
    Also the courses offered at CDAC are for 6 months, I need shorter ones...
    My recommendation would still be CDAC because you cannot really rely on private courses for job assistance. Unless an institute has a proven track record, it's difficult to recommend it; that too, in the cyber security domain.

I doubt how much can you learn in 5 days that can be used in making a career in the direction of cyber security. But if you want to do it anyway; I think it won't cause any harm. So go for it.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    There's one course in CDAC called DITISS. Saw Manu Zacharia giving lectures. He has delivered lots of lectures.

Have a look here -> Modules
  • Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    It is recommended that you go for any security courses when you have sufficient understanding and hands-on of the subject. Even certifications like CISSP is not allowed till you have relevant experience. Its better to work in the area of systems and networking before deciding to jump into the field of security. Unless you have good understanding of the subject , you will not be able to understand every aspect of the subject...
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    EC Council provides internationally recognized certificates, they are the one who provide valid CEH (as some people have joined the CEH with their brand name, they are not that much effective.)

There are plenty of options in Information Security and Cyber Forensics, please visit official site of EC Council EC-Council Certifications | Best Cybersecurity Courses & Training

You'll find all the available options, see the basic course structure, and you can choose in what you are more interested in.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

- What is cache controller in motherboard? What it does ? How it does ? Why It is needed ? - In Which Language BIOS is coded ? How the...
A lot of geeks have been waiting for this movie to release in this year. The official trailer of the movie is out and it has Ashton Kutcher playing Steve...
Imagine you were given a option of selecting any one of the following bikes to drive through a road of lots of speed brakers,turns and intense traffic. 1) geared vehicle...
Projects on Kickstarter tend to have outlandish names like Stompy, Velomobile and RoboRoach, but when a PhD scholar Witold Mielniczek decided to name with a single alphabet ‘B’, one could...
Please suggest some project ideas for M.Tech final year in mobile computing area..