Certificate Courses for career in Cyber Security

shreyasstar
@shreyasstar-tiLPFe โ€ข Oct 26, 2024

I have completed my B.E. in Computer Engineering will continue studying to M.Tech.

Considering a career in cyber security, there are certain certificate courses that can be undertaken. The one I know is CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) certification.
What other such certifications are available in India ?
Also how to go about training in those ?

Your help is greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • shreyasstar

    @shreyasstar-tiLPFe • Jun 23, 2013

    I have completed my B.E. in Computer Engineering will continue studying to M.Tech.

    Considering a career in cyber security, there are certain certificate courses that can be undertaken. The one I know is CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) certification.
    What other such certifications are available in India ?
    Also how to go about training in those ?

    Your help is greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ˜€โ€‹

  • shreyasstar

    @shreyasstar-tiLPFe • Jun 26, 2013

    Well, does nobody have any idea ?

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Jun 26, 2013

    shreyasstarWell, does nobody have any idea ?

    I've heard about Cyber Security course offered by C-DAC Hyderabad. I think if it's CDAC you can be sure of the quality and recognition in the industry.

  • shreyasstar

    @shreyasstar-tiLPFe • Jun 26, 2013

    What about CEH and CISSP ?
    the courses are expensive considering they have only 5 days of training...

  • shreyasstar

    @shreyasstar-tiLPFe • Jun 26, 2013

    Kaustubh KatdareI've heard about Cyber Security course offered by C-DAC Hyderabad. I think if it's CDAC you can be sure of the quality and recognition in the industry.

    Also the courses offered at CDAC are for 6 months, I need shorter ones...

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Jun 26, 2013

    shreyasstarAlso the courses offered at CDAC are for 6 months, I need shorter ones...

    My recommendation would still be CDAC because you cannot really rely on private courses for job assistance. Unless an institute has a proven track record, it's difficult to recommend it; that too, in the cyber security domain.

    I doubt how much can you learn in 5 days that can be used in making a career in the direction of cyber security. But if you want to do it anyway; I think it won't cause any harm. So go for it.

  • [Prototype]

    @prototype-G9Gn5k • Jul 10, 2013

    There's one course in CDAC called DITISS. Saw Manu Zacharia giving lectures. He has delivered lots of lectures.

    Have a look here -> <a href="https://www.cdac.in/index.aspx?id=DITISS_modules" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Modules</a>

  • Rahul Jamgade

    @rahul-yHGH3D • Oct 27, 2013

    It is recommended that you go for any security courses when you have sufficient understanding and hands-on of the subject. Even certifications like CISSP is not allowed till you have relevant experience. Its better to work in the area of systems and networking before deciding to jump into the field of security. Unless you have good understanding of the subject , you will not be able to understand every aspect of the subject...

  • Sanyam Khurana

    @sanyam-Nl7Zqc • Oct 27, 2013

    EC Council provides internationally recognized certificates, they are the one who provide valid CEH (as some people have joined the CEH with their brand name, they are not that much effective.)

    There are plenty of options in Information Security and Cyber Forensics, please visit official site of EC Council <a href="https://www.eccouncil.org/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">EC-Council Certifications | Best Cybersecurity Courses & Training</a>

    You'll find all the available options, see the basic course structure, and you can choose in what you are more interested in.