Cell Charger Circuit Question

In a simple cell charger circuit using 1 transformer a diode a resistor a lamp for current indication and a cell how overcharging of cell can be avoided ? someone told me that on full charging of the cell the circuit will become open. how is it possible ?

Replies

• limestone7000
    limestone7000
    aman_gupta_009
    In a simple cell charger circuit using 1 transformer a diode a resistor a lamp for current indication and a cell how overcharging of cell can be avoided ? someone told me that on full charging of the cell the circuit will become open. how is it possible ?
    Thats simple, use a comparator(use an op-amp as a comparator).
    lets say ur battery can charge only upto 5 volts.
    So, give the non-inverting input pin of the comparator as 5v (as reference voltage) and give the charger output to the inverting input pin to the comparator. When the charger output attains 5 v or goes slightly above it, the output of comparator is zero, making the circuit open!!!!
    😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung Electronics India has introduced a printer that's world's smallest laser printer for Indian Markets. Samsung Electronics, the digital technology leader today enhanced its Printer line-up with the launch of...
here's the video of 'Roomba' YouTube - CleanMate 365 QQ1 - robot vacuum video 😁 what'cha think? what all could be the mechanisms used in it?
... URL :: TechOnline | Fundamentals of Wireless introduces wireless /IEEE standards/modulation techniques Duration 1 hr
i want to make a circuit which can do the following work--- suppose there is an instrument which works on 400 V. if a wrong voltage is applied is may...
Hi CEans, I am good in basics of sql server 2005. I want to learn more about the queries. Mainly triggers, procedures, cursors. Can some one suggest me some books...