CEan Rupam Das creates History!

"Since childhood I am told only one thing "Don't dare to dream
big. Study well to get a good job". And I betrayed that
teaching. I lived the last decade chasing my dream. It meant
no movies, no cricket, no holidays, no honeymoon , no sundays, no
friends, no family, fast deteriorating health.
But today "Walt Disney" has signed to buy our technology. This
is as huge as it gets. When I think, millions of people will forget
their sorrow, millions of kids will cheer to life with my
technology, I feel the sacrifices too little. I have no words to
explain what it means for a small town Bengali medium average
student to sign deal with Walt Disney for technology transfer.
God, if I am dreaming don't wake me up. But it's reality as my
pinch reminds me." - Rupam Das on his Facebook status update.

CONGRATULATIONS @#-Link-Snipped-# sir! You are a true inspiration!

P.S : Sorry for spoiling your surprise!

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Thanks @ Anoop. We seem to have a legend here and we would love to hear it from him too!

congrats @#-Link-Snipped-# . If its not confidential - can you explain what technology was about? where was it meant to be used ? Would love to know the story ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Thanks Anoop and Durga for sharing. We do our duty. As the case of most of our technological advancement, I will post it right here.
    But for eager my fellow CEans , it is an animation API I developed for making movies with shadows and real world objects which I have already shared in CE. ( Too lazy at this moment to find and post the links).

About history, anybody who decides to sail against the wave creates a history for himself. A few days back, I just wrote how I have managed to go mad by deciding to put a halt on our most green business and do away with it completely. It could have been suicidal. But I believe once your comfort is taken away from you, you perform better.

The client was significant purely because it was not Fame or Growth which we had to set, but we had to get something that would stabilize the business past my crazy decisions. I am happy that the agony lasted not more than a week. I was worried, "what if?" but now atleast that worry is gone.

That status message was meant to stabilize the nerves of my team and wife and was more of a relief. Because had my decision of closing down a set business was wrong, I would have been a history, on streets begging for livelihood along with some promising young team members.

I have little desires in my life. I drive a small Maruti car, live in a very compact apartment, don't buy many gadgets ( They are mostly sent for free to me ๐Ÿ˜›). I have two pairs of jeans and T shirt which I wear. I have eliminated every aspect of life that may need attention beyond my job. Monitory wise what I was earning, or will be earning will never be significant, because I will still not be driving an Audi or shift to a posh banglow. All I care is what way I contribute to human evolution. At the end of my life I would want to be remembered as a guy who inspired many rather than a street guy who drove an Audi.

So I share every small moments of my life, business, achievements here in CE. I have no family or friends beside my wife, as you can imagine from a 20 hours wrkaholic. So these posts are long, close to my heart. I feel comfortable sharing through these blogs.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Congratulations, man. Good to know about your achievement. You're an inspiration to other members of CE.
    BTW, I am still waiting for your OpenSource robot ๐Ÿ˜

Rupam Das
    I have little desires in my life. I drive a small Maruti car, live in a very compact apartment, don't buy many gadgets ( They are mostly sent for free to me ๐Ÿ˜›). I have two pairs of jeans and T shirt which I wear. I have eliminated every aspect of life that may need attention beyond my job. Monitory wise what I was earning, or will be earning will never be significant, because I will still not be driving an Audi or shift to a posh banglow. All I care is what way I contribute to human evolution. At the end of my life I would want to be remembered as a guy who inspired many rather than a street guy who drove an Audi.
    I have very similar thinking, and thus these words boosts me up even more. Thank you, @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    yes! I did watch the video of shadow animation. Good to know that Disney got interested in the concept! Who knows a movie or two down the line!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Awesome ones @#-Link-Snipped-# Have a bang with the WD studios

Nice to see that the whole set up is going to be revolving around an amazing open source minded Indian
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Amazing man @#-Link-Snipped-#. This is huge, congratulations!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A great achievement by you sir.Continue your work and thank you for all your work.Congrats sir @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Congratulations @#-Link-Snipped-# ,๐Ÿ‘
    Eagerly waiting to see the technology you signed with WD. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Congratulations@Rupam Das .Good to know about your achievement.You are a real role model for me now.
    Thanks to CE also for getting the company of such a wonderful,great,intelligent and humanitarian person here with us.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Hats Off ! C| Keep up the good work @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Alok mishra
    Alok mishra
    Congrats @rumpam das sir , you already have inspired many lives .
  • lal
    lal
    This is wonderful! Bows to you @#-Link-Snipped-#.
    Congratulations on the amazing achievements!
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    This is indeed something really big and something really Awesome..!!๐Ÿ˜‰

Heartiest Congratulations...

You are a true inspiration..๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi,

I am Tomato, it's really great to be here... an excellent place for all the Engineers I want to share my knowledge to everyone and also get some knowledge from...
Just read up an article on Wikipedia about the largest capacity USB drive in existence. Was expecting about 512 GB, but found out that flash drives offering 1TB (1000 GB)...
I have a database table with following cols Id, Name, Date (FORMAT: Y-m-d H:i:s) Now I want to retrieve data of following form Count Year 3 2013 5 2014 It...
I am looking for educational videos that can be downloaded from Youtube. Like Megafactories, Megastructures. Do you have any suggestions?
Hi, I am a final year student of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Pune [2003 syllabus] I just received my results. Of the 10 theory papers, I have cleared...