CE-Factoscope

Everyone loves facts,which are totally (astonishing) and new.
Here post a interesting fact atleast daily,and lets have our own factoscope.๐Ÿ˜Ž

Replies

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    [FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]First computer bug:[/FONT]

In 1947, Grace Murray Hopper was working on the Harvard University Mark II Aiken Relay Calculator (a primitive computer).
    On the 9th of September, 1947, when the machine was experiencing problems, an investigation showed that there was a moth trapped between the points of Relay #70, in Panel F.
    The operators removed the moth and affixed it to the log. The entry reads: "First actual case of bug being found."
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    "pneumononoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconiosis" - is the longest word in the English Language with 47 letters. But can you read it??? Well try this one pneumo-nono-ultra-microscopic-silica-volcano-coniosis. It is a lung disease.
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    The first hard-disk of Apple II had a capacity of just 5MB. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Out of all the senses, smell is most closely linked to memory. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Each day is longer than the previous one by 0.00000002 seconds which is 13 seconds each century.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    One third of the world population has never made a telephone call.
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte

The second longest word in English language with 34 letters is : "hyperpolysyllabicsesquipedalianist", which means someone who has fascination of using excessively long words.

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Recycling one ton of paper saves 17 trees, 2 barrels of oil, 4,100 kilowatts of energy, 3.2 cubic yards of landfill space and 60 pounds of air pollution.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    A mosquito has 47 teeth. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Google estimates that the Internet today contains about 5 million terabytes of data (1TB = 1,000GB), and claims it has only indexed a paltry 0.04% of it all! You could fit the whole Internet on just 200 million Blu-Ray disks.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Whats In Name
    Google estimates that the Internet today contains about 5 million terabytes of data (1TB = 1,000GB), and claims it has only indexed a paltry 0.04% of it all! You could fit the whole Internet on just 200 million Blu-Ray disks.
    What? Who says rain can be stored? It's the cloud right!!!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Most people on earth never know the value of time, because even if you started counting right after the first second of your birth, you'd not have finished counting even at the last second before your death!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
    If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.

If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.

If the horse has a all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
    In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
    Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.
    Spades - King David
    Clubs - Alexander the Great,
    Hearts - Charlemagne
    Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.
    Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
    111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
    Women blink nearly twice as much as men!

You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky!
  • vikas.chandra93
    vikas.chandra93
    You would have to drink 100 cups of coffee in four hours to get the lethal dose of caffeine which is 10 grams.
    You shrink 1/2 an inch during the day due to compression of the spinal column.

Youโ€™re born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an adult, you only have 206.

There are 230 joints in the body.

The design of the Eiffel tower is based on the design of human bone.

Your skin is the largest organ of the body weighing in at 9 pounds.

The average head has 100,000 hair each living for about 2 to 4 years.

Fingernails grow four times faster than toenails.

The liver is often called the bodyโ€™s chemical factory. Scientists have counted over 500 liver functions.

Only 1% of human genes differ from those of chimpanzees.

The body is composed of 70% water by weight.
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    @atf: hey its not pneumononoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconios....it is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconios which is a 45 letter word.......
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    andenagaveni24
    @atf: hey its not pneumononoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconios....it is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconios which is a 45 letter word.......
    I found that name on the Webster's International Dictionary and it had 47 letters then. Now wikipedia shows your case. ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Praveen-Kumar
    You shrink 1/2 an inch during the day due to compression of the spinal column.

Youโ€™re born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an adult, you only have 206.

There are 230 joints in the body.

How on earth does 206 bones make up 230 joints in real time
    Is My body so strange to understand
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    anoopthefriend
    I found that name on the Webster's International Dictionary and it had 47 letters then. Now wikipedia shows your case. ๐Ÿ˜จ
    Such monstrosities usually lead to an explosive string of four letter words from the viewer.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Testosterone is responsible for the short life-expectancy of men.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    zaveri
    Testosterone is responsible for the short life-expectancy of men.
    Really????๐Ÿ˜ฒ , Well I searched and got exactly opposite to what u said. I guess this is controversial,
    These are the sources which says that it increases life expectancy :
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    rahul69
    Really????๐Ÿ˜ฒ , Well I searched and got exactly opposite to what u said. I guess this is controversial,
    These are the sources which says that it increases life expectancy :
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    ๐Ÿ˜
    These reports are based on an old research. But the latest one proves, what i just said.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name

The building of the Panama Canal, which links the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, was one of the most difficult engineering projects ever. It is estimated that over 25000 workers lost their lives during the long and dangerous project, with most dying from disease and landslides.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have heard a lot about how some companies have very tough aptitude tests, while others have very difficult technical interview rounds? From what I know best, Google's recruitment process...
21st century life!
Hello people, Today I was just going through the different channels on TV.I stopped at a news channel to get updated,but it just got me on nerves when I found...
Hello Ceans,We are back with one more Awesome Interview of our respected CEans, He is CEan - Bioramani Sir,who has completed his 72 springs; we wish him a very good...
Hello, I am looking at 2 different online programs. One is software engineering and the other is called software designing. Is there any difference? Any help would be highly appreciated....