CE Downtime Related Information

CEans, we're continuously working on resolving the issues and have managed to get the site back online. It'd be nice if you could keep an eye on the 'users online' section in the sidebar and post here if it abruptly comes down to below 100.

Thanks!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Would really appreciate someone volunteering for this. Unfortunately, this is the best way to see what's happening with the site and whether we've fixed the problem.

At present, there's an error that prevents from posts with certain keywords being posted. I'm working with the server admins to resolve this asap.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Right now, we're looking good. ๐Ÿ‘
    Has there been any data loss?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    At one point, we had to go back 10 days (10 days of data loss), but we managed to extend the downtime just to get our data back. So far, things look fine and there is zero data loss.

This however means that we'll have to disable a few things while everything gets sorted out. I'll keep everyone updated.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Okay,
    My eyes identified that :
    - Ratings system disabled, "Informative" points thus are deducted from your "Likes" (Obvious)
    - Old rank system is back.
    - "Login with Twitter" & "Login with Google+" don't have graphical button like "Login with Facebook".

Take your time Biggie, Let's hope everything gets fixed Asap. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Right now, the priority is to make sure that the sessions don't get reset (online user count falling down drastically)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yeah I see that, when CE was down I was continuously trying. At one point of time I got data from June 7th.. everything else got deleted.

Later in the night i checked and everything seemed to be fine , I mean the data etc.

I will keep an eye on the members online continuously and will let you know if I find something.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We just checked and system seems to be stable since last 8 hours. I just hope it remains that way, else I'm gonna fall off my chair.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Well, dont want you to fall, but it wasn't available for me an hour ago.....๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Pensu
    Well, dont want you to fall, but it wasn't available for me an hour ago.....๐Ÿ˜‰
    We seem to be in the final stages of the fix. Our top priority is to protect all user data and that's why it's taking lot of time.

Looks like another sleepless night for me; but I'm determined to make things work.

Will report entire thing once we're sure that we're back to normal.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    hats up for you biggi, I am sure many of us never gave it a thought that how tough is to maintain a portal as big as CE.

-CB
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Everything's looking fine right now.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going. And our Biggie is one heck of a tough guy. ๐Ÿ‘
    Thanks Biggie for all the effort. You inspire me. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Site was down earlier from smartphone, but now is fine. Thanks to everyone behind the scenes for their hardwork. Make sure to enable a feasibility test for maximum capacity testing with the new servers. And Biggie, even if Barack Obama quits 'change', we don't want you to fall off that chair! Hang in there!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The site's working fine since 11PM (June 20th). If you noticed any errors or downtimes afterwards, please do let us know.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone provide IS 14223 for me so that I can get some details about polishing of Kotah stone flooring.
How do you categorize your Folders / bookmarks? Organizing this is tedious work. I've got thousands of Documents, Utilities, bookmarks and I am about to undertake the task to organize...
Trailview 2.0 is a walking stick developed by Google with cameras & location sensors that are embedded inside the stick. Whenever, stick touches the ground, the Camera that is embedded...
I can't believe that,Every hardware with User-Interface is moving to touch.Shit pisses me off,honestly. I used to think that atleast laptops/Desktops will be spared.But, "NO!" Anyways, My Opinion : I...