View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12834 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 8, 2009

CE Awesome Thread Contest Discussions

Your questions, comments, queries on the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/24953-ce-awesome-thread-contest.html

in this thread!
Harshad Italiya
Harshad Italiya • Jun 8, 2009
One More Superb initiate by CE..

Rocks😁
Kaustubh Katdare
Waiting for awesomest threads. 😁
ms_cs
ms_cs • Jun 8, 2009
Interesting!

Hmmm...MS_CS is now getting ready for Contest
shalini_goel14
shalini_goel14 • Jun 8, 2009
What quote would be written on the T-shirt one would get? Can it be our own quote?
Kaustubh Katdare
shalini_goel14
What quote would be written on the T-shirt one would get? Can it be our own quote?
Sure, why not? [​IMG]
raj87verma88
raj87verma88 • Jun 8, 2009
An interesting contest.
Great!!!

good contest to participate πŸ˜€

I had an interesting topic to start in chit-chat section will start at night πŸ˜€

Guys a small question , Are the current threads are not Awesome??
Not a serious one , need a funny answer for this πŸ˜€
English-Scared
Great!!!

I had an interesting topic to start in chit-chat section will start at night πŸ˜€

What a awesome spam question in the awesome mind of an awesome person. 😁

PS: Take it in a lighter mood buddy. Couldn't think of the more funnier answer for this question.
Kaustubh Katdare
Hmm. Current threads are awesome. We are looking for awesomeest thread
Harshad Italiya
English-Scared
Great!!!

there are many awesome topics but we need some more which put them away 😁
Mayur Pathak
Mayur Pathak • Jun 8, 2009
Can we not vote for existing threads in this competition?
Harshad Italiya
mayurpathak
Can we not vote for existing threads in this competition?
Good Question Mayur...
Hey Biggie we cant consider the previous Post also?
@CB : Its too good πŸ˜€

I asked that question since few threads i find so good in CSE section ? can we get those again...and now the latest one is the time machine one
Kaustubh Katdare
No, existing threads do not count. The aim is to get lot of great quality threads and then raise the overall quality of discussions.
Agree with you Biggi... Otherwise we need to dig out some old good threads to vote for the best threads... 😁
😁
silverscorpion
silverscorpion • Jun 8, 2009
Good initiative.

On what basis will the best threads in each section be selected??
ie, is the criterion the number of replies, or the number of user ratings or what??
Kaustubh Katdare
A general rule will be - a quality thread will attract lots of responses. But not always - and we understand that.

The 'awesome' thread will be chosen with following considerations (not in order) -

1. The originality of the thread.
2. The idea/concept/problem being discussed through the thread.
3. Relevance of the thread to the section in which it's being posted.
4. The way in which the content has been posted in the thread by its author [clarity of thought, professional writing etc.]
skipper
skipper • Jun 8, 2009
Proposed subjects (I know a little bit about) for thread discussion and unexpected "great thread" entry for site contest:

1) Artificial Intelligence - will we ever be able to build a computer that mimics human thought, independent enquiry and self-learning? Can we build a self-aware machine?

2) Desktop high-energy physics - will we have particle accelerators and high-energy lasers etc, so that high-schools will be doing what they are up to at the LHC, Fermilab etc?

3) Model-building - what will future computer designs offer to the science of testing and predicting physical theories? We already use nuclear, supernova, etc models which are presumed to be accurate and follow actual events. We design abstract graphical representations of all sorts of things. Will these electronic virtual models eventually leave the current realm of "on-screen, in-computer", and become something else (have some other representation, holographic or as some kind of mental projection into our visual, auditory etc selves). How will we interact with future tech, since we have already designed mind-controlled electronics, and the prosthetics available for blind, deaf, paraplegic etc has pushed this man/machine interface development considerably, over the last few decades, especially since the advent of nanotech?

4) Will we ever build a quantum computer? The tech here is about somewhere near the stage the transistor was pre 1948. We have single gates, but no meshes yet that work like the electronic couterparts we know and love. Also why is Boolean logic so fundamental to any kind of logical computer, even fuzzy-logic, etc?

...off the top of my personal head. These are some of the things I'd like to discuss.

(I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that... "Shut up HAL!")
Kaustubh Katdare
@ Skipper: Those are no doubt good topics. How about creating separate threads in appropriate sections?

You must create new threads so that others can discuss them.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 9, 2009
Come on folks. All the threads are being watched. Just a little strain on your brain and we'll make you look (& feel) awesome through our CrazyEngineers T-Shirt! 😁
kashish0711
kashish0711 • Jun 9, 2009
omg!! I am in the race wow just saw this
wow cant wait for 14th 😁
fingers crossed n_n
Munguti
Munguti • Jun 11, 2009
What make a thread awesomest? Intresting, originality, innovative i.e. what criteria are you using?
How do we get the T-shirts, mail..... what?
kashish0711
kashish0711 • Jun 11, 2009
can we put our own design on the T-shirt?
Like if I make a picture or logo for T-shirt, can we use that??
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 11, 2009
Yes You can πŸ˜€

[Only if you win πŸ˜‰ ]
Munguti
What make a thread awesomest? Intresting, originality, innovative i.e. what criteria are you using?
How do we get the T-shirts, mail..... what?

What makes ?? hmmm.. its your brain and all the sections are applicable so you can win dude πŸ˜€
kashish0711
kashish0711 • Jun 12, 2009
The_Big_K
Yes You can πŸ˜€
[Only if you win πŸ˜‰ ]
😁😁

will win if not this one then maybe the next
Harshad Italiya
Harshad Italiya • Jun 12, 2009
kashish0711
😁😁

will win if not this one then maybe the next
Why not Design for other Ceans also πŸ˜‰
kashish0711
kashish0711 • Jun 12, 2009
godfather
Why not Design for other Ceans also πŸ˜‰
good idea
I can provide some of the awesomest designs that you would get 😁
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 13, 2009
Folks -

You just have ONE more day to start your awesome thread in your favorite section. The results will be announced on Monday 😁
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 15, 2009
Folks, this is to update you that the result of the CE Awesome Thread Contest will be announced within next 24 Hours [see the time of this post].

Apologies for the delay.
kashish0711
kashish0711 • Jun 15, 2009
Good Luck everyone, the best part is that there will be multiple winner
CEMember
CEMember • Jun 15, 2009
kashish0711
Good Luck everyone, the best part is that there will be multiple winner
Thanks and same to you kashish
Harshad Italiya
Harshad Italiya • Jun 15, 2009
Good luck Ceans πŸ˜€