Kaustubh Katdare
    Waiting for awesomest threads. 😁
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Interesting!

Hmmm...MS_CS is now getting ready for Contest
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    What quote would be written on the T-shirt one would get? Can it be our own quote?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shalini_goel14
    What quote would be written on the T-shirt one would get? Can it be our own quote?
    Sure, why not? [​IMG]
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    An interesting contest.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great!!!

good contest to participate πŸ˜€

I had an interesting topic to start in chit-chat section will start at night πŸ˜€

Guys a small question , Are the current threads are not Awesome??
    Not a serious one , need a funny answer for this πŸ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    English-Scared
    Great!!!

I had an interesting topic to start in chit-chat section will start at night πŸ˜€

What a awesome spam question in the awesome mind of an awesome person. 😁

PS: Take it in a lighter mood buddy. Couldn't think of the more funnier answer for this question.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm. Current threads are awesome. We are looking for awesomeest thread
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    English-Scared
    Great!!!

there are many awesome topics but we need some more which put them away 😁
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Can we not vote for existing threads in this competition?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    mayurpathak
    Can we not vote for existing threads in this competition?
    Good Question Mayur...
    Hey Biggie we cant consider the previous Post also?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @CB : Its too good πŸ˜€

I asked that question since few threads i find so good in CSE section ? can we get those again...and now the latest one is the time machine one
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No, existing threads do not count. The aim is to get lot of great quality threads and then raise the overall quality of discussions.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Agree with you Biggi... Otherwise we need to dig out some old good threads to vote for the best threads... 😁
    😁
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Good initiative.

On what basis will the best threads in each section be selected??
    ie, is the criterion the number of replies, or the number of user ratings or what??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A general rule will be - a quality thread will attract lots of responses. But not always - and we understand that.

The 'awesome' thread will be chosen with following considerations (not in order) -

1. The originality of the thread.
    2. The idea/concept/problem being discussed through the thread.
    3. Relevance of the thread to the section in which it's being posted.
    4. The way in which the content has been posted in the thread by its author [clarity of thought, professional writing etc.]
  • skipper
    skipper
    Proposed subjects (I know a little bit about) for thread discussion and unexpected "great thread" entry for site contest:

1) Artificial Intelligence - will we ever be able to build a computer that mimics human thought, independent enquiry and self-learning? Can we build a self-aware machine?

2) Desktop high-energy physics - will we have particle accelerators and high-energy lasers etc, so that high-schools will be doing what they are up to at the LHC, Fermilab etc?

3) Model-building - what will future computer designs offer to the science of testing and predicting physical theories? We already use nuclear, supernova, etc models which are presumed to be accurate and follow actual events. We design abstract graphical representations of all sorts of things. Will these electronic virtual models eventually leave the current realm of "on-screen, in-computer", and become something else (have some other representation, holographic or as some kind of mental projection into our visual, auditory etc selves). How will we interact with future tech, since we have already designed mind-controlled electronics, and the prosthetics available for blind, deaf, paraplegic etc has pushed this man/machine interface development considerably, over the last few decades, especially since the advent of nanotech?

4) Will we ever build a quantum computer? The tech here is about somewhere near the stage the transistor was pre 1948. We have single gates, but no meshes yet that work like the electronic couterparts we know and love. Also why is Boolean logic so fundamental to any kind of logical computer, even fuzzy-logic, etc?

...off the top of my personal head. These are some of the things I'd like to discuss.

(I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that... "Shut up HAL!")
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Skipper: Those are no doubt good topics. How about creating separate threads in appropriate sections?

You must create new threads so that others can discuss them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Come on folks. All the threads are being watched. Just a little strain on your brain and we'll make you look (& feel) awesome through our CrazyEngineers T-Shirt! 😁
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    omg!! I am in the race wow just saw this
    wow cant wait for 14th 😁
    fingers crossed n_n
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    What make a thread awesomest? Intresting, originality, innovative i.e. what criteria are you using?
    How do we get the T-shirts, mail..... what?
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    can we put our own design on the T-shirt?
    Like if I make a picture or logo for T-shirt, can we use that??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes You can πŸ˜€

[Only if you win πŸ˜‰ ]
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Munguti
    What make a thread awesomest? Intresting, originality, innovative i.e. what criteria are you using?
    How do we get the T-shirts, mail..... what?

What makes ?? hmmm.. its your brain and all the sections are applicable so you can win dude πŸ˜€
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    The_Big_K
    Yes You can πŸ˜€
    [Only if you win πŸ˜‰ ]
    😁😁

will win if not this one then maybe the next
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    kashish0711
    😁😁

will win if not this one then maybe the next
    Why not Design for other Ceans also πŸ˜‰
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    godfather
    Why not Design for other Ceans also πŸ˜‰
    good idea
    I can provide some of the awesomest designs that you would get 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Folks -

You just have ONE more day to start your awesome thread in your favorite section. The results will be announced on Monday 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Folks, this is to update you that the result of the CE Awesome Thread Contest will be announced within next 24 Hours [see the time of this post].

Apologies for the delay.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    Good Luck everyone, the best part is that there will be multiple winner
  • CEMember
    CEMember
    kashish0711
    Good Luck everyone, the best part is that there will be multiple winner
    Thanks and same to you kashish
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Good luck Ceans πŸ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    thank you
    & Good Luck CEans πŸ˜‰
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    All the best the lucky Ceans πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Alrighty, we almost ceased being crazy for a while. While we all brainstorm over our next big contest on CE, we've decided to launch a filler contest - 😁CE Awesome...
While studying J2EE course I have learned some design patterns from my lecturer. It will be better if we learn Design patterns from experienced or J2EE experts. I have learned...
Hi all dear CS/IT engineering students, Are you all looking for a ready made project but don't know where to get it and how hmm. No need to worry, I...
Has anybody information about ARMA model? How can we use this model for extracting signals from noisy signals?
A Modem is Modulation De-Modulation device. It converts the discrete stream of digital on-off electrical pulses generated by computing equipment into a type of continuously variable analog wave patterns, for...