CE a Fun Knowledge Store. Observations Ideas Innovations and Business

Here is My Idea about the Whole concept.

A. Observation

Forums are driven by Passion and Obsession for the Niche. So an administrator starts it. Keeps pushing it. Search engines starts noticing and traffic comes in. (Search engine traffic) So people land to forum driven site rather accidently. Friends never join, because they are too jealous of your creativity. As traffic comes, admin puts more effort to satisfy them. Post more answers. More traffic come. Now some of them are through references of the visitors and some are bookmarked traffic. People still come in search of that "free" information.
Stage II. Few people find it interesting platform to advertise( Including Me, agreed). There is No free service. Therefore the concept of signature was created. "We post in your Forum so that people recognize my and some goes to my site also" is what makes people participate in the Forum.

Stage III: Forum grows. There are new traffic, retruning traffic, "Come visit My Site" Contributors Traffic, Contributors with an ambition of becoming "Come visit My Site" Contributors Traffic, Promoted as Moderator with responsibility traffic. In between enters AdSense for expecting some traffic to find the Advertisement interesting.

So if you are in Stage III, the site is definitely something special. Would you really be looking at outside window while driving? Never. If contents are good, Serious expect people to Just Come and get the information and Go by.
It is like the site is a driver, he is driving but sometimes driving through those routes in which there are some advertisement boards which the back sitters may be interested and may want to get down to. But they wont. Because they want to reach fast.

My Point?

Charge for the journey and dont expect you back sitter to pay you. If they get down fine. But that is not going to be Huge .

1,00,000 CEans? Post the figure of Number of CEans those have remain active more than 2hours overall and those who have more than 50 posts? It is Not even be 50% of the overall figure. So rather than engineering day celebration comeup with revenue model boss.
AdSense and Banners can not be the Model of an Enterprise. CE is now too good to be run by adSense or product review. Not saying they dont help, but they are not model.

I have put my observation and will surely put forward some business model. But lets see what CE Seniors are to say in this regard.
( Was this thread suitable or Needed here. If not, i dont mind it to be moderated or replaced)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Rupam: Interesting post! We have never been secretive about CrazyEngineers and how we operate. Your observations are accurate. Whether to charge for membership or content is an old debate topic and I've made it clear that we're going to play on pure content. That is, we will offer our content free of cost to everyone but make sure that it's quality.

Our growth plan is set and we do not intend to remain just an 'adsense' run Website. In fact, we don't want to be an online community forever. CrazyEngineers is destined to become an engineering company and the roadmap is set. We are growing our revenues through advertisements and migrate to building offline teams to work on our own products - starting with software. Something what Google has done. There's already VC interest in CE and we're exploring that avenue as well. The main problem with both the avenues is that they are a bit time consuming.

I'm however all game for premium memberships and offering privileges to paid members. We however need strong support from the community about this. I invite some serious views from our CEans on this. Let's have a constructive discussion pointing towards executable action items.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Dear K, Did not mean to challenge the vision of a Visionary. Giving my suggestions out here. Your elaboration makes me feel proud to be a decent contributor in the forum. Yeah offline team and product development will be great!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I had started a thread in suggestions that said, we have ambassadors for each sub-forum that make sure enough activity goes on in there each week. Response was not 'quite awesome'.
    Will search for it and post a link here.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rupam Das
    Dear K, Did not mean to challenge the vision of a Visionary. Giving my suggestions out here. Your elaboration makes me feel proud to be a decent contributor in the forum. Yeah offline team and product development will be great!!
    I'm not at all a visionary. Frankly speaking, I'm totally clueless at times; but guided by what makes the most sense and try hard to make it happen. The good thing is that what we envisioned several months ago is now a reality. We're already getting ready to hit the campuses and hire awesome (I mean it) engineers. And what's inspiring is that there are many engineers who're willing to work with us. We don't want to hire them at rates lower than what industry offers and that's the reason we're making sure we do our homework right.

We already reach over 600k engineers every month and the growth is very encouraging. Our target is to double this number in next 6-8 months so that we're ready to make campus and lateral requirements so that we can work on couple of innovative ideas that've been in our minds for long. I must mention the recent initiatives taken by CEan Eternalthinker and CEan Praveenscience. I'm quite sure with so many talented CEans in our group; we can reach to levels no one imagined before.

As I said, we're doing our homework - honestly and sincerely; before we come out in public. 😀
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Dear "K" you inspire.. true leader. I would not exaggerate you too much with appraisals cause you dont need that . But wow some great future plans of CE are put. Surely they will be achieved. Do tell me if I could be of any help in this mission. But for time being, i will keep posting my Ideas though.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just be active here and keep other motivating. I hope to have all of us working under one 'physical' roof, soon 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In this thread We will post edited conversations that are lost in time in shoutbox. Post CE related Conversation snaps here, technical to some technical thread.
hey. i am a second year CS student ..... When exactly is the right time to start preparing for GATE?? ... and how to go about it.... 😀 reply asap
Hi My name is Shirley Sandra I am 18 yrs old Student Love to watch movies Have some big dreams in mind.
Quote:Frugal Gardeners are found world-wide and we constantly search for money-saving ways to stretch our garden budget. This Saturday feature will spotlight items that gardeners can create for inexpensive garden...
Times Now is reporting that there's bomb blast in Delhi near the high court building. The blast is being reported as the 'high intensity' blast. The blast occurred in front...