Case study on piezoelectric harvesting mat

Hello sir, This is rahul. I am doing a project titled "piezoelectric harvesting mat". The concept of this is whenever you step on that mat, it generates certain milli volts and that energy is getting stored in a rechargeable battery. So what we are doing is.. We are preparing a mat of 216 by 55cms(7 by 2 feet) mat... Filled with 480 piezoelectric disc's.. And the problem we are facing is.. Our staff is considering this as a minor project.. N they want us to do case studies... But I want prove them that this can be a startup.. A new alternative source of energy... I hope you people can helpe out... In case studies or in any other issues 

Case studies like.. How many foot steps are required to charge a battery.. 

What is the maximum weight that it can bare.. 

What is the maximum voltage.. 

Like these questions.. 

And if there is any extension I could add further 

Hoping out for a good response 

Thank you all..! 

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# is the best guy on CrazyEngineers to help you with it. Mandar, if you are around, could you offer some help here?

• Shivam Sharma
    Shivam Sharma

#-Link-Snipped-# Great idea, man. I read in an article that 3 hours of smartphone battery power is the equivalent to walking 10,000 steps or cycling for an hour, or going for a 30-minute run. Not sure if it's true though. What are your readings so far?

• rahul thandu
    rahul thandu

Not done with the hardware yet... Once done.. Will start case studies. 

Doing research.. Collecting data from various available sources... 

Read a paper about piezoelectric tiles in kuala Lumpur... Seems beneficial to our project. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Najlae El Abdellaoui
    Najlae El Abdellaoui

I had the same idea for my school project, the problem was they DON'T SELL piezoelectric generators in my country so i had to change it, i wish you told us how the project is going and gives us more information 

Thank you 

• rahul thandu
    rahul thandu

#-Link-Snipped-# sir can I get any information about the people who performed this project(in the 2nd link) 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

You have to contact them through instructables only.

Rjc287's Activity - Instructables

Send a message through the message button.

• rahul thandu
    rahul thandu

Thank you sir. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How can i diagnose a gear box system of a car and an automatic operate gear box?what procedures can i use during the dismantling a gear box? This question i...
Can i please get the address of DRDO Electronics laboratory to apply for an internship?
How can i apply for BHEL for Internship?Should we need to know the people working there inorder to go the the internship? 
Are there companies in hyderabad that hire EEE graduates, in core sector
I have an exam tomorrow and need explanations on the subject of strain ?