Career in Networking

hello everyone including admin,

i am in final year btech student (computer science)... i want to go in programming field... but a senior told me that inspite that you are trying for coading job ,you should know about basics of networking.also 2-3 companies which visited our college fire networking (basic) questions in PI. so i decided to join a pvt inst. named" jetking" for the course "networking essentials"..
now can you please suggest all the possible topics/learnings/skills that must be known to a programmer also... eg- file sharing over lan,creating a network etc etc.... post alll posible skills as i will learn them only.... thanks ......

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No need to address me separately. 😀

I see that you are computer engineering student. The first thing any interviewer would expect from you is thorough knowledge of your engineering subjects. I'm often surprised how many students neglect the subjects taught during the engineering course and focus on subjects taught elsewhere. So first things first: Be thorough with your engineering subjects.

Now that you've joined the institute, it would be better to understand and implement/practice what they teach you in classes than focusing on 'What's needed for interviews'. Interviewers won't ask you questions on advance networking concepts and you can always inform them about the topics you've been taught and you learned on your own. Its foolish to focus only on selected topics which others say 'are important for the interview'. Be confident about what you know and face the interview. Even the interviewers would appreciate that.
  • n090985
    n090985
    biggie you are not getting me.. i like to ask what are the things like sharing a file on lan etc etc which are faced by a engineer in company... tell me those thing.. i will make sure atleast i learn tham from the institute...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, friends! I am implementing a project about traffic light. This is the first time I design a system, so i don't know what i have to do. Can you...
With 'The Times' and 'Sunday Times' announcing that the users will have to shell out money to access their content (£1 for a day's access and £2 for a week's...
I'm wondering why this has not been discussed in Civil Engineering section yet. It'd not hurt to begin discussing the biggest construction projects going on around the world. What say?...
i m 2nd year mechanical engineear..i want some gud idea for my project..cn anyone pls help me for dis??
E-Cell IIT Kharagpur, each year, takes a massive initiative to promote entrepreneurship and encourage students across the country to embrace the concept of starting one's own enterprise. It conducts an...