Career & Education Gap

Hi, I am a BE graduate 2013 pass out. I got married soon after graduating and moved to another city. So i have a career gap of 1.7 yrs. Then i started working for Make my Trip in sales. Now i am working as an IT recruiter in a job consultancy. I have one year experience in recruiting and very passionate about my career. I want to get into an IT MNC as an HR Recruiter. Please let me know if my gap will affect my career.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Preethi BS
    Please let me know if my gap will affect my career.
    I do not see any reason the career gap will affect your career. You already are working as an IT recruiter and you'll have to leverage that to support your application to the post of HR recruiter. The reasons for the break are very valid and that should not affect a single bit.
  • Preethi BS
    Preethi BS
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I do not see any reason the career gap will affect your career. You already are working as an IT recruiter and you'll have to leverage that to support your application to the post of HR recruiter. The reasons for the break are very valid and that should not affect a single bit.
    Thank you for your feedback Kaustubh! 😀
  • Paulina Cameron
    Paulina Cameron
    I know there are a lot of people out there worrying about their career paths. Everybody wants to have perfect records on their resume and wants to have as much experience as needed for the job. But I the case of the aut ophor, I don’t think the gap matters that much. I guess what you have to do is make sure you show your new employer what you really can and let him appreciate you for your skills. Showing off your skills is also another topic to discuss because you’d better consult the online essay writing service and let them work on your resume.
  • Joanna Taylor
    Joanna Taylor
    Preethi BS
    Hi, I am a BE graduate 2013 pass out. I got married soon after graduating and moved to another city. So i have a career gap of 1.7 yrs. Then i started working for Make my Trip in sales. Now i am working as an IT recruiter in a job consultancy. I have one year experience in recruiting and very passionate about my career. I want to get into an IT MNC as an HR Recruiter. Please let me know if my gap will affect my career.
    I think what the carrier gap will not affect on your career. You have one year experience and it`s good. But you must have a good resume. In this site you can get a professional consultation of your resume.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Belonging to a middle class family, Prasoon Shrivastava completed his schooling from Jabalpur and went on to do his Bachelors in Architecture and Planning from LBH College, Mumbai. Upon graduation,...
Quote: GPS navigation is incredibly useful and can even tell you exactly where you are on a roundabout. But, inside buildings, the weak GPS signals are hard to pick up...
Information Security Analyst-00043218 Would you like to get involved in cyber security at a tactical level, whilst being fully supported in a learning and development programme for Information Assurance? We...
Lenovo has unveiled new device in its Zuk brand, with Zuk Edge priced at CNY 2,299 (roughly Rs. 22,500) for the 4 GB of LPDDR4 RAM variant, and at CNY...
Zen Mobile’s India division has launched a new smartphone called the Cinemax Click. The Cinemax Click is an entry level smartphone that comes with interesting bundled offers. You get a...