Car Battery Drained..........

I forgot to switch OFF the head lights of the battery, now it's completely drained off...
i couldn't start the car. Even tried by pushing the vehicle and starting it. But that didn work.

Why even pushing won't start?
What should i do now?

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Get a pair of jumper cables and jump start your car. Starting requires alot of power to overcome resistance in the engine. the bigger the engine the more cranking power required. A drained battery cant do this. You would need the power from another car's battery to give you this extra boost. Once you start the alternator will begin recharging your car battery. Once you get it to start run the car from some time then go get your voltage tested. It should be around 12-13 volts. Let me know how its works. If you get it to restart top up the cells with battery water. Good luck! ๐Ÿ‘
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    mreccentric
    I forgot to switch OFF the head lights of the battery, now it's completely drained off...
    i couldn't start the car. Even tried by pushing the vehicle and starting it. But that didn work.

Why even pushing won't start?
    What should i do now?
    Do you have your car manual that is given while owning your car as a brand new.
    there will be a guidance in that, please read it carefully and work on to that.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    CE Designer
    Get a pair of jumper cables and jump start your car. Starting requires alot of power to overcome resistance in the engine. the bigger the engine the more cranking power required. A drained battery cant do this. You would need the power from another car's battery to give you this extra boost. Once you start the alternator will begin recharging your car battery. Once you get it to start run the car from some time then go get your voltage tested. It should be around 12-13 volts. Let me know how its works. If you get it to restart top up the cells with battery water. Good luck! ๐Ÿ‘
    Yep, i could have done that, though i couldn find any friends car to start the car like that.. But i just went to a battery shop and got a spare battery and started the car with it. Later the drained battery was charged and it now works fine. BTW, i did not maintain the battery at all. No Distilled Water, no charging etc. So obviously that made the problem.

rkvasan68
    Do you have your car manual that is given while owning your car as a brand new.
    there will be a guidance in that, please read it carefully and work on to that.
    Hmmm.... i need to search for a manual now!

BTW, can anyone spray some information about How-to maintain a battery/it's maintenance?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Check out these:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    mreccentric
    Yep, i could have done that, though i couldn find any friends car to start the car like that.. But i just went to a battery shop and got a spare battery and started the car with it. Later the drained battery was charged and it now works fine. BTW, i did not maintain the battery at all. No Distilled Water, no charging etc. So obviously that made the problem.

Hmmm.... i need to search for a manual now!
    You are welcome.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Seasoning of cast iron pans: https://www.instructables.com/id/Best-Way-to-Season-Cast-Iron-Pans-Flax-Seed-Oil/
An interesting timepass: https://www.instructables.com/id/Ultraviolet-Business-Card-Flashlight/step2/The-artwork/
sir, i want some information regarding fast moving rail transport
Ever since Apple introduce the Siri personal digital assistant on iPhone 4S, global developers began their quest to bring the technology to other platforms. Android is one of the leading...
Hydrogen powered cars could soon become a reality as a group of researchers have discovered that metal organic frameworks aka MOF can increase the capacity of hydrogen in a cylinder....