capacitor stuff

how does one decide whether a capacitor is a differentiator or inductor??
the capacitor equation is i = cdv/dt....or equivalently v =(1/c)(integral)i???

i know this is lame..but....i am helpless??

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Capacitor Stores the energy in the form of Voltage and Inductor in form of Current....
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    kekekeke.. it should be a differentiator or integrator ( not Inductor)
    It's how the RC circuit is used that determines it's function.
    Differentiator produces positive and negative spikes from an applied square wave, and a integrator, produces a ramp up trangular wave form.
    U can understand it better with a scope
  • shawnmk123
    shawnmk123
    oh sheesh ...mistake

but i still didnt get it....how do i decide whether a given circuit is a differentaitor or integrator..?? do bode plots help??
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    Hey
    Check this it will clear you doubts
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Cheers
  • shawnmk123
    shawnmk123
    hey..yeah...its sort of cleared...i'll come bak...
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    Glad do here it.
    they always do.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well we will see how this works, I have a very limited electrical understanding. But anyway I bought a 400w DC to AC converter at a garage sale for $5...
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum - I happened to stumble upon it and it seemed like I may be able to get some answers I've...
Hello, I happened across this forum while googling something, and thought it might be helpful. I am a high school student with interests in computer and electrical engineering. I am...
Hello, I am Meenakshi Sundaram a student of Computational Science with a background in Mechanical Engineering. Its been a long time since I joined but decided to post just recently....
hi, how do you calculate torque in a rectangular section due to rotation.do we follow the same method as we use for circulaer cross section. that is torque=force * perpendicular...