Cannot hear sound from computer...

hey...guyz.. i need help.. i installed drivers, even speakers are correctly plugged on d green jack behind comp.. but still i cant hear any audio. i reinstalled the drivers.. for hardly a minute or so i could hear audio but again the same problem... plz give me d solution to this...

Replies

• patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    hey...guyz.. i need help.. i installed drivers, even speakers are correctly plugged on d green jack behind comp.. but still i cant hear any audio. i reinstalled the drivers.. for hardly a minute or so i could hear audio but again the same problem... plz give me d solution to this...
    thanx..๐Ÿ˜”
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    Have you connected any internet data card (3G) or something to it?Because such card normally have their own speaker setting and on installation and starting the application they make their speaker the default.
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Have you install sound card on your computer ??
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    What drivers, are you using for your hardware? Can you post a screenshot of the sounds and audio devices section under the device manager?
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    i havnt connected ny internet data card..
    Then how are you browsing??? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Reya
    Reya
    Check whether your audio device is working properly.

Right click on your audio device and go to properties.
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    i cannot hear sound from speakers connected to my comp. whereas when i connect ipod to speakers. i cld properly hear music.. wht might be d problem?
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    in Sound And Audio Device Properties. i get No Audio Device
  • Reya
    Reya
    Then you might not have installed audio drivers.
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    praveena211
    Then you might not have installed audio drivers.
    i have installed audio drivers.. sometimes i cld hear audio bt again after sometime i cldnt. den i get dis.. No Audio device
    Click on Scan for Hardware Changes in the Device Manager and try again...
  • cvtharun
    cvtharun
    Try installing the correct driver.Try a sound card if the on board doesn't work for you.Make sure u turned on ur speaker! LOLZ just joking ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Reya
    Reya
    Reset your audio device once if the problem persists.

Can you please tell the audio drivers which you have installed??
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    hey...i restarted comp after i did scan for h/w changes. i cld hear audio... it worked.. but again d same.... now. i cant hear ny audio...instead i cld here some sort of humming sound...
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    its sumthing realtek AC97...
  • Reya
    Reya
    How come your audio device works for sometime alone?

Do you find a red x on the right corner of your system when you are not able to hear the sound?

Updating your windows may also fix your problem.
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    praveena211
    How come your audio device works for sometime alone?

Do you find a red x on the right corner of your system when you are not able to hear the sound?

Updating your windows may also fix your problem.

i dnt get ny red x... i evn formatted my comp. n installed new fresh copy of windows... i observed 1 thing here.. wen i cld properly hear an audio dat tym i see sounmanager ka symbol... n also in d control panel i get 2 see soundmanager. but wen its nt working i cldnt see soundmanager in control panel.. whts d reason?? n everytym wen i installed drivers from d CD n reboot comp den i cld here audio. bt in less dan 5 min.. i cant here nything... whts d reason???? plzz help...m facing dis problem since quite a long tym...๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    ny solution???
  • Reya
    Reya
    which operating system are you using??
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    windows xp
  • Reya
    Reya
    This link might help you ๐Ÿ˜€

How to fix missing or lost sound in Windows
    We need to check your system using RDP... Something weird... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    praveenscience
    We need to check your system using RDP... Something weird... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    What is RDP???๐Ÿ˜•
    Remote Desktop Protocol... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    What is Sound Manager????? i cld see sound manager symbol in taskbar & cointrol panel wen i hear sound. but wen i cant i dnt see ny such symbol.. why is it so????? HELP!!! i desperately need sound back....
    Dude, I guess your Hardware Drivers are interfering with the Software Drivers... This problem is usually caused in RealTek AC 97! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Can you post a dump of Belarc Advisor and CPU-Z of your computer? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    praveenscience
    Dude, I guess your Hardware Drivers are interfering with the Software Drivers... This problem is usually caused in RealTek AC 97! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Can you post a dump of Belarc Advisor and CPU-Z of your computer? ๐Ÿ˜€
    how do i attach/ upload .html/.doc files here???
    Hey, there's an option in Go Advanced reply... You can attach files... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    how do i attach/ upload .html/.doc files here???
    Hey ... plz chk...
  • martincrow
    martincrow
    Hi patil,
    In my opinion there is a problem with your speakers, does you checked with other speakers by attaching them with your system, may be speakers are having some issues, and you are searching for the software problems.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    martincrow
    Hi patil,
    In my opinion there is a problem with your speakers, does you checked with other speakers by attaching them with your system, may be speakers are having some issues, and you are searching for the software problems.
    Nope... my speakers r working f9.. i havnt tried other speakers.. but wen i attach my walkman its working.. i cld properly hear music.
    @martincrow, dude, his hardware is fine, but at times it is getting disconnected.

@patil, please check your mother board for the faults... ๐Ÿ˜”

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This video will provide an overview of STAAD.Pro and explain how it works in conjunction with other programs such as STAAD.foundation, Bentley AutoPIPE, Bentley Structural and RAM Connection. [video=youtube;876umBUcC2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=876umBUcC2c[/video]
This video will provide an overview of STAAD.foundation and explain how it integrates all common footing designs including spread (isolated) footings, strip (combined) footings, pile cap arrangement and design, octagonal...
Just found this very interesting - an anatomy of a house. I hope it's very useful for civil engineering students.
hello guys i need help with gre preparation and application procedure??
hey friends,my 12V adaptor was not working properly.on opening it i found that just input connections are needed to be soldered,so i did.but soon i connected it to supply,supply switch...