Can we use nitrogen as a fuel

Hello friends,
i have a idea about alternative fuel source in atmosphere more nitrogen available so why can't we nitrogen as a fuel source.
i have knowledge about in 70k temperature nitrogen goes to liquid form so on that time we insert to the cylinder and the atm temperature the nitrogen expand due to conversion of liquid to gases state .

give your suggestion to do this one.

Replies

• Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    nitrogen is an inert gas in combustion sense as compared to oxygen. it does not burn as easily as other fuels also the combustion products of nitrogen are nitrogen oxides which are highly poisonous and can seriously affect the atmosphere
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    actually nitrogen is unstable at room temperature.. and so it exists as a gas ! which is the vapor form, that means it has already boiled. ! and to maintain it in a frozen temp, you would require a refridgerator and for that an extra power source..so.. it comes up to be inefficient !
  • Mahesindai
    Mahesindai
    Thanks friends..... then which one a better alternative fuel for upcoming years can we use in automobile.
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    that depends on the calorific value of whatever is being used.. that is why ethanol is being mixed with diesel ...also called as biodiesel. Whichever fuel gives u a good calorific value and a chance of complete combustion is good enough for automobiles!
  • jaspal rautela
    jaspal rautela
    can we use LPG as a fuel to drive the vechile?
  • Mahesindai
    Mahesindai
    LPG is the old method and to cost also too high so only we are searching for new type of alternative fuel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technical4u

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Persistent Systems Ltd. is organizing a year-long a year-long celebration and activities for Turing’s 100th birth anniversary. As part of this, a lecture series has been organized. These lectures are...
I wish to know whether electronics and communications engineers need to learn the C and C++ programming languages?
Look at the number patterns and study the sequence carefully. You will be required to correctly guess the next sequence number. 2 12 1112 3112 132112 1113122112
Hii its really good to be a member of CE.Basically I am a textile engineer n passed out last year n recently working in a machine mfg company as a...
Header files in c contains the predefined functions, data type definitions and macros. whenever we use certain predefined functions like 'printf and scanf ' we need to include the related...