Can we reduce the amount carbon monoxide and nitric oxide emitted from car?

Is there is any way to control carbon monoxide instead of using charcoal. Im doing this as project - To overcome carbon monoxide and nitric oxide 

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - That looks like an interesting project to work on. Have you researched and found out ways? If not, that'd be the first step. Second step would be to discuss your observations so that we can help you. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

As far as I am aware activated charcoal does not absorb Carbon Monoxide. Lower cost catalysts using cheaper copper or palladium may work in the place of the expensive platinum catalysts.

• SOUNDHER RAJAN S
    SOUNDHER RAJAN S

No #-Link-Snipped-# sir keep searching only. Once I found I will inform u sir 

• SOUNDHER RAJAN S
    SOUNDHER RAJAN S

#-Link-Snipped-# Sir. Is there is any element for absorbing carbon monoxide or some others agents 

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar

See this: #-Link-Snipped-#

Bengaluru based startup has made a prototype to seize exhaust pollution from car and moterbikes.

• John Wesley Jayakumar
    John Wesley Jayakumar

1 Maybe we can use some chemicals which absorb the harmful gases .  Chemicals like zeolites , platinum which absorb black smoke which can be used in exhaust of bikes .

2 we could use pure fuels with less or  no hydrocarbon content in it.

3 Invent some methods to avoid incomplete combustion in power stroke ...... Etc

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

#-Link-Snipped-# some copper salts can absorb CO.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to major in Database but i'll like to know the necessary areas i have to learn in other to fulfill this dream.
Any ideas on a Database Project for an IT student?
Give sufficient reasons so that I can understand it is tough for me to know where charge goes and why
Even the food industry alone covering packaging of food materials in various forms (including raw, partially processed or ready to consume), delivery packaging to the consumer, and even eating use...
Hello, I need some suggestions, as I am using Delta PLC hardware which I need to connect through Wireless push notification sensor which sends the data to email...