Can the people who've been forced to bribe raise their voice against corruption?

In countries where the corruption's penetrated deeper in the societies that you can 'get the things done sooner' by paying the bribe, people are left with no choice. A lot of people pay bribe because the 'system' leaves them with no choice but to pay bribe. For example, you need passport urgently because you've an accidental opportunity abroad and the inspector asks you for bribe to expedite the process; what'd you do? A normal person would pay the bribe and get his work done.

Would you support such people raising their voices against corruption? Why?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sometimes bribes are icluded in the service package, which one pays. Everything is done in the normal scheddule. Nothing expedited. However, if that is not given all sorts of impediments spring up endig up enormous delays and expense. Expeditious handling involves a heftier (ma)moolah.
    To answer your query. Paying bribes is tantamount to abetting corruption. The payer may grouse but is on shaky moral ground in condemning it.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Paying bribe has been a habit now. people don't feel guilty in paying or asking for bribe. it has just become a rule now.
    If you want to report a FIR in police station , they ask for 300 to 500 Rs. as just it is a rule.

Coming to your question Biggie, the corruption is not going to end by any Lokpal bill or any movement. Everyone should feel that paying or asking for bribe is not good, they should feel it from inside.

If someone is found asking or paying for bribe , their should be strict action taken on them.

Guys what's your take on this?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : We're not talking about Lokpal Movement in India. This debate is about a very specific topic.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# : We're not talking about Lokpal Movement in India. This debate is about a very specific topic.
    I think I get it wrong!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I think yes. I have paid bribe because i had to. Otherwise it wasnt possible to get my driving licence. But I still have right to raise my voice, dont I? Whatever they did to me was wrong, and I want to change that. I dont see any reason why people should be stopped opposing something wrong, doesnt matter if they are part of it or not.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I think this sounds like saying "Rape victims should not voice against rape and rapists".

Just like that case, bribe givers are mostly victims. And who can voice against any crime or injustice better than the victims? Sure, they are forced to bribe, but nobody likes bribing. It has somehow developed, and we have to stop it. We will probably need everyone available, and perhaps even more. It's a collective effort and nobody should be discouraged for any reason.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I agree about that. However, the moral issue remains.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    yes...! But IMA it has increased drastically to such an extent that even voicing against corruption doesn't do any good..!
  • Mangesh Khapre
    Mangesh Khapre
    They should, but they wont.
    It's better to keep the mouth shut and get things working.
    In this cases I feel for the whistle-blowers.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    As we have a law - Bribe giving and taking Both are offence. .Its something like-- You are Thirsty...you have a pool of water in front of you ....But it is written "drinking of water is prohibited!" ....you will off-course drink it.......We are victims n should fight against it !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to learn python how shall i start
well hi am dipankar, am studying btech eee 4th year in a private college. 1)i am confused how to start my prepartion for gate 2012. 2)i am from eee branch...
I stumbled upon a Wikipedia article that says not only humans, but the bots edit Wikipedia as well. Specially coded computer programs keep track of the changes made by human...
Mr. Dick Costolo the CEO of Twitter, in an interview with The New York Times has told that Twitter is working on a tool which will let the users export...
This one is pretty simple(might have been already posted...😛) even then i publish this..! enjoy working this out..! Three Masters of Logic wanted to find out who was the wisest...