Can SSDs Be Partitioned?

Recently our web host announced that they're launching the SSD based servers that promises greater speeds. I have never used any SSD based device, so just wondering whether SSDs can be partitioned just they way we partition our regular hard drives?

Replies

• Tulay
    Tulay
    The_Big_K
    Recently our web host announced that they're launching the SSD based servers that promises greater speeds. I have never used any SSD based device, so just wondering whether SSDs can be partitioned just they way we partition our regular hard drives?
    yes, you can do it as the way you partition your regular hard drive, no difference ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks! Just wondering whether it'd really be useful to partition it. Also, what type of filesystems do SSDs support?
  • Tulay
    Tulay
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks! Just wondering whether it'd really be useful to partition it. Also, what type of filesystems do SSDs support?
    it supports NTFS, but I think it supports FAT32 too..
  • Tulay
    Tulay
    The_Big_K
    would it be useful to partition it? partition doesnt change the performance, but they have already small memories, so normal users dont need to partition it. but the most important thing is their speed. I use vertex 2 ocz, about speed, on the catalog it writes;
    read: 280 MB/s,
    write: 270 MB/s,
    but I couldnt pass 170 MB/s on read speed and 70 MB/s on write speed..
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    We bought WD-Caviar and it rocks... We could make a live recording in HD!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting information, Thanks, Tulay. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all what is the relation between , the speed of the driving wheel of an automobile , to the speed of the automobile ? i am sure that the...
Thelma Estrin became the first woman president of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. A remarkable multifaceted woman, who did many interesting jobs in her career. Here is...
Here is an (animated) history of how animated GIFs began: https://www.engadget.com/2012/03/08/pbs-traces-the-history-of-animated-gifs-deal-with-it/
The current decade seems to be obsessed with the electric vehicles and hybrid cars. Several big companies have either launched electric cars or are designing them. The USP of these...
Suggest me Android phone. . . . My Budget :- INR 8-9K Screen:- Minimum 3.2" Camera:- 3.2 MP or more Thanks, ๐Ÿ˜€