CrazyEngineers
  • Can sensors which were mainly used in Smartphone’s combine to form a good suspension system?

Accelerometer sensor, gyroscope sensor are one of the mostly used sensors in today’s smart phone’s which can have a good future in suspension system of automobiles. Accelerometer sensor is usually used in finding linear movement of a object and gyroscope sensor for lateral movement. It usually has a application to find the orientation of the object. So here is my doubt. Consider a both sensors were placed in the automobile and be used in finding the orientation which should be coupled along with ECU unit in which it sends data on the orientation of the car when it passes over a bump or pit. WE can fix some tolerance in the orientation and if the measured value is more than the tolerance, ECU sends signals so that appropriate suspension can be actuated. I call upon CEans to suggest and built the idea.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • SYED BASEERULLAH

MemberNov 17, 2013

SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Can sensors which were mainly used in Smartphone’s combine to form a good suspension system?

Accelerometer sensor, gyroscope sensor are one of the mostly used sensors in today’s smart phone’s which can have a good future in suspension system of automobiles. Accelerometer sensor is usually used in finding linear movement of a object and gyroscope sensor for lateral movement. It usually has a application to find the orientation of the object. So here is my doubt. Consider a both sensors were placed in the automobile and be used in finding the orientation which should be coupled along with ECU unit in which it sends data on the orientation of the car when it passes over a bump or pit. WE can fix some tolerance in the orientation and if the measured value is more than the tolerance, ECU sends signals so that appropriate suspension can be actuated. I call upon CEans to suggest and built the idea.
    I guess had heard about that. Our team had particpated in SAE BAJA this year and i heard that a team participating in a same event had used this type of suspension.but i am not sure the team details
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberNov 19, 2013

Ok.Let us know more if you find details.
    Anyone out here with ideas?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register