Can recombination occur in the collector of bjt

I would like to inquire if we can have recombination in the collector of bipolar junction transistor? what about emitter?

If not what could be the factors deterring this phenomenon?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Let me take an NPN BJT

The number of Holes in the collector and the emitter is very low as they are minority carriers. But the number of electrons are really high in these areas as they are majority carriers

Recombination occurs in collectors and emitters But it is to a very minimal ammount and so they are neglected

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While i was thinking about gravity a question knocked in my mind, that whether the gravity outside the Earth atmosphere is precisely zero or a value lesser than that of...
Adding a new smartphone to its Galaxy series, Samsung India has now launched the new Samsung Galaxy Star, an Android Smartphone that has vowed to compete with the likes of...
The news that Google Inc. is going to help in funding and developing of wireless networks in emerging markets has spread like wildfire. The headlines broke out, when WSJ posted...
It might be the battle of the operating system capabilities, but the marketing teams at Microsoft surely have a target to take down - iOS. Take a look at following...
Hey i have a problem, I have to simulate a lanewalk program in matlab to show the position of a marine vessel in the inertial frame of reference after integrating...