Can India Cross China?

It is very well known that China and India both are world's major.Both China and India pursued radically different development strategies.
It is also very true that India's annual growth rate is only around 20 percent lower than China, a remarkable achievement for China.

But the real issue isn't where India and China are today but where they will be tomorrow.
What would you think is India pursuing the right or better path to the development than China?
😁😁😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No, because India does not have a plan.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Sir, you may be right .It is also true that India is not outperforming China overall but it is doing better in certain keys area.That success of India may enable it to catchup.
    I think, that was past now we can see that there are lots are engineering talents are there in India are doing well and innovate work and day by day Engineering aspirants are increasing.
    Have a look to this link:-#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sushant005
    I think, that was past now we can see that there are lots are engineering talents are there in India are doing well and innovate work and day by day Engineering aspirants are increasing.
    Well, I'd love to see that. Could you quote 3-4 examples where Indian engineers are doing innovative work and how it is affecting society/technology and overall progress?
  • bannaji
    bannaji
    india has fare chances to lead fm china..... thr is boom of engineering & management education...n as a resulting development will sweep ...sooner or later ...problems which we face today.....go INDIA:smile::smile:
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    China gives more preference to the national development. there are many restrictions on public in China. In India we have more freedom. China is able to reduce its poverty to half within 7-8 yrs, India is lagging behind in overall development. India is the country having the highest population under poverty. It will take few decades more to come at par with China. Moreover our political system slows down the development process because of too much corruption.
    Growing faster than china don't means that we are going to come at par with them. Note that our growth rate is more than US, but we can't compare India & US!
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    o....oo..A hot topic goes here!!
    I think every one want to enjoy this hot topic.
    But sushant i tell you that don't forget NEW DELHI: Despita being an IT superpower, India continues to slip in its supercomputing processing abilities behind countries such as the United States, France, Germany and China. India’s fastest supercomputer — Tata Sons-owned EKA — has now slipped from being ninth fastest supercomputer in the world to land at number 33 in 2010, in the latest rankings of the world’s 500 fastest supercomputers.

while on the other hand In contrast, China’s newly installed Nebulae supercomputer at National Supercomputing Centre in Shenzhen (NSCS) in Shenzhen, has become the world’s second fastest, just behind Jaguar, the world’s fastest located at National Centre for Computational Sciences in United States.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    The_Big_K
    Well, I'd love to see that. Could you quote 3-4 examples where Indian engineers are doing innovative work and how it is affecting society/technology and overall progress?
    my examples are:-
    1>First, recently we all come across a news where India develops a world's cheapest Touchscreen computing device i think that this is a great achievement for us.and by using this concept they are surely going to develop another device as well.

2>Student at J.T. Engineering College, somewhere in Surat(Gujarat) have developed a robot that can detect an earthquake three hours in advance.The robot senses earthquake tremors with the help of two transmitter and one receiver. The transmitter buried under the earth, sense the temperature, water and the water level before transmitting the information through microwave frequencies.After receiving the information, the robot senses the vibration and gives off an alarm.

3>Indian IT firm to copy mammalian brain on computer:- PIT solution, a Kerala based and Brain Mind Institute of Swiss Federal Institute, will be working on the blue brain project-a 43 billion initiative, which is world's first comprehensive attempt to reverse-engineering the mammalian brain. The kerala firm will attempt to build a computerized copy of mammalian brain using one of the world's powerful computers.The project is excepted to be completed by 2018.

and the list goes on.....

*We all know that India ranks ninth in Science and technology output growing at 12 per cent.India has overtaken Spain by moving one rank up from last year's rating.The government is looking at science to create wealth and employment for the country and next ten years have been dedicated to innovation in science and technology.It eans that they taken the initial step toward some innovative work.

*I think India is also very high on Solar power. India solar photovoltaic module production capacity has crossed ore than 1 gigawatt (GW) per year or nearly 10 percent of global production capacity.The government has announced to plans to begin research targeted at reducing the cost of storing solar energy for the cost of storing solar energy for the national solar mission.
  • greatman
    greatman
    India can beat china if its freed from Corruption or If China is infected with a Bigger corruption. Send some of our Politicians to China for training, and see Chinese Politicians getting corrupt in a few Hours. 😀
  • Smell Smoke
    Smell Smoke
    When discussing about development, power generation is a major fact. Renewable and green power is the inevitable pillar in its path.
    I had read an article in TERRA GREEN,a magazine which pens about the renewable energy sources.In its november edition 2009, they had given that China pioneers in solar technology development.Basic models of solar power starts at 1500 yuan($190) there which is 80% cheaper than many western countries.In 2007,china set a target of achieving 1800MW of SPV installed capacity by 2020,then they revised it into 10,000MW, thus proving they are developing at a pace hard to follow. Solar power will be the future power for many countries and is a duck which lays golden eggs, which are green energy and reduction in fuel usage. If they are doing it, then we should expect them to be fat ahead of us in that platform.😛

So i believe we have got a long way to go in overtaking china.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    India can cross china only in population 😁
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Do you think you are going to strive hard to achieve that goal and motivate all us engineers to do that?😁
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Somebody put this in chillax:chit chat. We can discuss this better in there.😁
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    To make a nation progressive only engineers are not responsible.If politicians will not take neccessary steps, then only engineers can't do much better. 😔
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    If u say population wise then i think surely india can cross china, because It is estimated (barring wars and pandemics or other disasters) that India's population will exceed China's around 2026 when both populations will be around 1,460,000,000.
    No doubt india got more talent but we need to explore it which is we are not doing.
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    I agreed with u BCA_GIRL politics is the main reason why our nation is not developed as much as it could be. But the are not going to take any steps for that, because they are only filling their accounts and they dont even think abt nation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Oshkosh, WI -- July 26, 2010: At a press conference today at AirVenture, Terrafugia, Inc., developer of the Transition® Roadable Aircraft, or "Flying Car", released specifications and computer graphics of...
HI all, i'm an italian student, i'm working on a fem metallurgical simulation of a ring ( AISI 4140) normalized after forging and then quenched. I'm having a problem gathering...
Auto irrigation system I am planing to do the project for my final year on auto irrigation and crop management i need to use more than six sensors and display...
Terrafugia held a press conference today at AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin to unveil the next generation design of the Transition® street-legal airplane. The event, where a scale model was unveild,...
I've been hearing a lot about Google Chrome Canary Build (still in Dev stage, but you can download it!) Lifehacker says - If you grab and install a Canary Build,...