Can dc generator do the work of alternator without commutator?

can dc generator do the work of alternator without commutator?

Replies

• avm
    avm
    In a dc generator the armature is in the rotor. For alternators the armature winding is preferred on the stator. In dc generator there is no problem of single phase or three phase. In alternators there comes the problem of three phase windings. So it is not advisable to use a dc generator exempting commutator as an alternator.😕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys 😎.. i m a final yr student and i gt a deadline of 2 days to give my project topic & i m not getting any idea.. can...
hii guys..i other day i was watching a show on tv which was telling about doing your ms is sweden and norway and some other off beat countries...infact education in...
This is just great.I stumbled upon this website from search engine and i feel so exhilerated. Thanks for the great opportunity and hoping it will be an enriching experiece !
The direction of rotation of fan is clockwise as seen from the top. Why don't the fan be allowed to rotate in the opposite direction. Is there any specific reason...
hello friends! i want to develop a web browser with basic functionality in java for my miniproject. can anyone suggest me the books i should refer and where to get...